Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2001, 01:35 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This was brought up on another board. Drow lose their innates after being aboveground for a long time. Just about the only thing they keep is their magic resistance, their faerie fire, and their globes of darkness. I think they lose levitation and a few other things. And I think that growing up in Candlekeep qualifies as being a long time. And drow males can be mages. What about Gromph Baenre? And they can't be clerics AFAIK. And the alignment thing - either evil or CG only...

Anyway who am I to criticize? Got to give him points for trying though, no-one has to download it if they don't want to. If that's what he wants, that's what he wants.

If and when I ever find time to really sit down and make up a subrace/kit like drow i'm going to be faithful to AD&D rules. Jon, that's part of the reason why I haven't done the Staff of the Archmagi yet - I want to know exactly what powers it has before i do it (plus I want to make sure it works before i send it to you )
Old 01-08-2001, 01:39 AM   #22
Archlich Azuth

just a suggestion but has anyone made a Cambion kit. if so where can i get it.

Old 01-08-2001, 03:34 AM   #23
One ANGRY lil' man

I have a wonderful idea for a weapon well two actually.

Stupid Stick +3
Every time you make a sucessful hit with the stick it lowers the enemies intelligence by 1.

Ugly Stick +3
Every time you make a sucessful hit with the stick it lowers the enemies charisma by 1.

Frankly, The stupid stick is better bet hell who cares right?

Old 01-08-2001, 03:49 AM   #24
G.W.

Call the Stupid Stick "Geeduyba's Stick of Stupidity +3" and make up some story about a village idiot who became king of a nation because he was really folksy and he beat the heir to the throne into a stupor.

Old 01-08-2001, 04:44 AM   #25
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

I made (well not really ehm call it thought of) a great class

The True Necromancer

bonus
-recieves all priest necromatic spells and memorizes them as they would a wizard spell
-recieves +2 memorizing (this is becoz otherwise the priest spell won't be used that much)
-recieves all necromatic spell upon creation (priest as well as wizard spells)
-recieves a minor blood golem as familiar (AC 2 - HP 24 - special drains life force -> upon hit they gain 20% of the damage they have done as hp)

the downsides
-Cannot learn any spells except Necromatic (which they already have) Alteration and evocation spells
-cannot be of partuculary lawful alligment
-recieves a -2 on charisma -1 on strength and -1 on constitution upon creation (becoz of their dedication to necromancy they can't work out)
-cannot use mislle weapons