Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
ebayles
Dungeon Master

Where does he go? Myles went back to Arnika at one point, but I am wondering if RFS-81 (whatever) will go back to the mine tunnels if I drop him. I want to pick Myles back up to do the bank/jail quest...but I am wondering where will RFS go? Any thoughts?
ebayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:07 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

RFS will stay where you drop him off. I usually leave him in Arnika when we do the Away Camp (he won't go there), parked down a side street, out of trouble

As for the bank quest, you're better off selling the diamond for cash rather than handing it in for a minor reward.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 09:06 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Any truth to the rumor that if the NPCs are unconscious, you can bring them where they don't want to go and they won't leave after you crossed over, when they wake up?

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 09:22 AM   #4
jsteng
Dungeon Master

Though it is true that you CAN force NPC to go to where they wont go either by using Teleporters or Portals or unconcious (sleeping, KOed or Dead), said NPC will have a HUGE penalty in Attributes (STR,DEX,INT,etc) and Skills (combat, spells, weapons). I think they will suffer -20 points in each skill and attribute.

No-one wanted to go to Bayjin. So I had Urq teleported to Umpani to do the Bayjin quest. Already the lowest level in the group, and with the penalty, he ended up with half as much HP compared to my bishop. Naturally, he died several times in Bayjin. And he ended up being a burden instead of help.

Is it worth it? Having thought of every aspect, I realized that keeping Urq in the team was not a good idea:
1) Not only is that I wont be needing Urq much
2) I have unnecessarily brought along an EXP leech
3) If I were to forcibly bring someone to a place, I would forcibily bring someone whom I would use most often. In this case, I should have forced Vi or Myles along. (I intend on using Vi, Myles and RFS-81) as recruitable NPCs and thus I should not have brought along Urq to Bayjin.

What I meant to say is, if you are forcing to bring along someone to a place they dont want to go, make sure you are bring that person for the sake of having him/her Level Up and not as an item mule <--- which will backfire against you in terms of EXP LEECH and having to heal them or resurrect them very often.
jsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:11 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

RFS-81 goes everywhere except the Rapax Away Camp. He's the only NPC I take (aside from the quest-required rescuees). Can't be bothered with people who don't want to go to important places, or turn crappy if you force them in. Just not worth the effort, or exp loss.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote