Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-30-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
cosmo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am in Cania the eighth hell and have met the scrivener, and for the life of me can not find or figure out which of the Grey stones he wants me to take him to, and if I did, I sure as heck could not figure out what to do with it if I did find it. Please help if you can, and thanks in advance.

Cosmo
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by cosmo:
I am in Cania the eighth hell and have met the scrivener, and for the life of me can not find or figure out which of the Grey stones he wants me to take him to, and if I did, I sure as heck could not figure out what to do with it if I did find it. Please help if you can, and thanks in advance.

Cosmo
I haven't played this in a long while, so this is totally from memory. There are five pillars if I remember correctly. Each of them has a riddle that must be solved as part of the Five Fold Mystery of the Sleeping Man. The scrivener can only answer one of those riddles. The others answers you get by wandering around Cania and talking to other people. Three of them are Treason, Dimension and Infinity - can't remember the other two.

Simply wander around Cania with the scrivener, talk to various people, and click on the various pillars.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
cosmo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the reply, actually went to game banshee and got the answer, but my only problem was I did not talk to the scrivener when at the proper pillar.

Now, another question. I am in the puzzler room and have lit up the three gargoyles (red, yellow, blue) and turned them towards the lightning door and flipped the lever. They shoot rays at the door but it does not open. The game says "there must be something wrong here", checked on banshee and they said that should work, any ideas.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:34 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think you have to lock them into place, but I don't remember having any problems once the beams fired. Be sure they are all firing at the same time, though.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:43 AM   #5
cosmo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, figured that one out too, they all had to be blue, so I had to flip the levers multiple times.

Stuck again, got to the gate guardian and he kicks my whole groups butt. I am the only one who can even hit him and it is not often enough to compensate for his regeneration. I tried everything I could think of, my spear is like +3 with enhancement bonus to +8 with strength drain and fire damage. I wore a belt of +5 strength and potion of bulls strength got str to 30, took like every potion and spell I could for enhancement, but still could not hit him enough. Spells seem to hardly damage him if at all. Please help me with this.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by cosmo:
Ok, figured that one out too, they all had to be blue, so I had to flip the levers multiple times.

Stuck again, got to the gate guardian and he kicks my whole groups butt. I am the only one who can even hit him and it is not often enough to compensate for his regeneration. I tried everything I could think of, my spear is like +3 with enhancement bonus to +8 with strength drain and fire damage. I wore a belt of +5 strength and potion of bulls strength got str to 30, took like every potion and spell I could for enhancement, but still could not hit him enough. Spells seem to hardly damage him if at all. Please help me with this.
Try using stoneskin on your fighters and have a spell caster use spell breach or something similiar to take down his protections. Again, been a long time since I played this but those two options are pretty much standard fare for any boss encounter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think this is the first of three such Guardian encounters. The second one is annoying as heck and tricky, and the third one is REALLY nasty! One of the toughest fights in the entire game. Worse than the end boss imo

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 12-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Grimgnaw's little group is kinda fun...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Grimgnaw's little group is kinda fun...
Those guys are nasty *$!$#@ %*&*#@'s rotfl

Old 12-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #9
cosmo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, you are right Grimgnaw's group was very tough. I do stoneskin on everyone but he seems to plow right through us anyway, and used greater spell breach, still hard to damage him.
Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #10
cosmo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I did finally beat the Black Slaad. How do you get the knower of name to give you Mephestophles name. I read it can be done, but she only tells me that is the one name she will not give me. And finally a last question, can you import your character to NWN 2?