Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-11-2001, 09:56 PM   #21
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Need a death sword.......... Or, about 10 hours of reloads! Them "dragon" items help.

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 06-12-2001, 12:50 AM   #22
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

my pre-battle routine

summon monsters
protection from evil 10'
chant
strength potions/holy might
haste
defensive harmony

works most of the time. vs dragons i make sure my archer equips his arrows of dispelling after the stoneskin has been knocked away.
Old 06-12-2001, 07:29 AM   #23
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Ravana, I hear what you're saying on the cloudkill front and I do feel a leeettle cheesy 'bout doing that. Guess I rationalise it away, cos I've been in a situation where CS gas has been used in a room I've been in. First time was as an army cadet doing NBC drills, second time was "for real" when I was at a squat party that some gang members decided to kick off at and dropped a couple of CS canisters (and boy, if you ever want to end a party quickly, thats the way to do it!).

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm kind of OK with gassing my opponents (though I suppose Firrkrag *does* have room to move out the way), as long as I don't do things like gas, rest, gas again.

Oh, sod it, you're right, I *am* starting to feel a pang of guilt: just don't call the Dragons Protection League in on me and I'll be a good gamer

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-12-2001, 06:48 PM   #24
simonbarsinistar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm thinking of going back to the main city and picking up the radient heart quest person(Keldorn?). So that I have another fighter on the team. My team now: Myself(ranger/cleric), Minsc, Jaheria, Aeirie, Nalia and Yoshimo. Minsc being the closest to a fighter, Has SPOILER
all the dragon armour and weapons found in the ruined chapel. But sadly he has no proficincy with eithe the long sword or the halabard. Question for me now is if I leave someone behind will they be there when I get back? I found in BG 1 if I dropped some one off after a certian point in the game they were'nt where I left them when I came back.

------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,
for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in
beer.

- Dave Barry
Old 06-12-2001, 08:13 PM   #25
Ravana
Dungeon Master

When you drop them, you can tell them to stay where they are in which case they will. Or you can tell them to return to the Copper Coronet-this seems to be the universal hangout for NPCs -either way, it shouldnt be a problem. BTW, I should tell you that I found the dragonslayer sword pretty ineffective.
Shiiit, Billikins you live dangerously-I've never had gas thrown in at me before, except when playing Counter Strike or something !!
Old 06-13-2001, 11:51 AM   #26
simonbarsinistar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all the input. I finally beat him last night. Did not use the cloud kill tactic. Did use Yoshimo's snares (he's only at 45% so I only got 3 snares). I need to improve my use of the spacebar for pausing.

------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,
for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in
beer.

- Dave Barry