Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Stop spamming please. This is SERIOUS folks.
Actually, what I am seriously concerned about is mostly Friday. Alot of members will receive their paychecks on Friday and our past has shown me that we usually wait until the last day to make the donations needed to get IW through another month. If you close down on Friday, how will people make those donations?
Old 08-12-2004, 11:08 AM   #12
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I'm not too worried about it. We'll get some rain & wind, but since we're 50 miles from the coast, it'll be a lot weaker when it reaches us. If it's a Cat 2 on the coast, it'll be a tropical at most here.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 08-12-2004, 11:23 AM   #13
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Im only miles from the coast give or take a few miles So happy day's fo meh!! I think my elevation is .05 above sea level so if any wanna help me sandbag I may be doing that tomorrow if this thing comes knocking.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #14
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good luck Z. Not a spam here, I am being sincere. I would be more worried about my family and propoerty. Anyway, best of luck to you guys over there. Here we are dealing with the seasons wild fires we get every year. Not to bad this season, but still not good.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:48 PM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Wow, another hurricane, sorry to hear that Z. I wish you the best of luck when it comes, and I'm with Lord K on this, I know you're worried about the Works, but make sure your other priorities are safe too.

The weather has been crazy this year, we've had more thunderstorms and tornadoes in this area these last two months than we've had in the last 5 years.

Good luck Z.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:54 PM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:
I'm not too worried about it. We'll get some rain & wind, but since we're 50 miles from the coast, it'll be a lot weaker when it reaches us. If it's a Cat 2 on the coast, it'll be a tropical at most here.
If it comes IN on us, we will be in major trouble. The leading top right edge of the storm would go right over us. Don't poo poo it [img]smile.gif[/img] . I hope it goes more north, because it spawns Tornados when we get that leading edge. And what sucks because our ground is SOAKED with rain already. We'll see a LOT of really bad flooding if it hits us really ANYWHERE in Florida.

PS: BTW, Don't let the Florida motto fool ya, it is NOT the Sunshine state. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-12-2004, 12:57 PM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Good luck Z. Not a spam here, I am being sincere. I would be more worried about my family and propoerty. Anyway, best of luck to you guys over there. Here we are dealing with the seasons wild fires we get every year. Not to bad this season, but still not good.
I *am* worried about my Family first Lord K. But since this news is for you, and is pertinent, I figured I would warn ya about the possible down time.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-12-2004, 01:11 PM   #18
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
I *am* worried about my Family first Lord K. But since this news is for you, and is pertinent, I figured I would warn ya about the possible down time. [/QUOTE]I know you are Z. I did'nt mean to imply that your priority was us over your family, just stating the obvious when dealing with oncoming disaster. I apreciate the warning.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:26 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

If it's bad enough, by all means take the forum down! We're supposed to get some heavy rain from the aftermath/backlash of all the bad stuff down your way but nothing worse, I think.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #20
SecretMaster
Apophis

From what I just watched it seems as if the tropical storm from the gulf of mexico just died out. At least that isn't a worry. And take down the forum if it is known that Charley will hit. I'd much rather have IW down for two days or so rather than forever.