Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2002, 11:56 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

IIRC, a member cannot even change his/her own name, right?
To be completely honest, I noticed the Black_Knight/Black Knight thing a while ago, and it didn't confuse me at all. Like B_K says, the rank, sig, post count etc are different, so there's no need to get confused so easily. What I *would* find a legitimate reason though, is if BK himself wasn't comfortable with having a near-namesake around. I could really imagine that, I wouldn't like having a Melusina around either (though of course Black Knight is a bit more obvious). Anyway, I'd say it's up to Black Knight, and up to Ziroc, because AFAIK Ziroc will have to change the name, Black_Knight won't be able to himself.

[ 04-24-2002, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 04-24-2002, 12:03 PM   #12
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Thanx Melusine.

Yes thats exactly what I say. If Black Knight wants it changed then it is as good as done. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
P.S. I was wondering weather or not a person could change their own name... cause I didn't see it anywhere. I was prepared to end this account and start a new one. Well then if Ziroc can change it and if comes to that... then that way is alot better!
Old 04-24-2002, 12:27 PM   #13
Axil.

Quote:
Originally posted by Axil:
When would this be confusing?
I can clearly see the difference with their names, and frankly I don't get what the big deal is!
I agree

Old 04-24-2002, 12:32 PM   #14
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

EH!?!?!?

AXIL and AXIL.

WHOA!!!!!! TALK ABOUT IRONY!!!!!!

thats pretty wierd... [img]graemlins/laughsaywhat.gif[/img]

and...
WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2002, 12:38 PM   #15
Axil
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Axil.:
quote:
When would this be confusing?
I can clearly see the difference with their names, and frankly I don't get what the big deal is!
I agree [/QUOTE]But it's different with a dot at the end of the name and a _ in the middle of it.
Besides, I think this is a very childish way of proving a point. And while we're at it, Black_Knight is right! How many times do you talk to him? How many times are you talking about black knight when people won't understand which one you refer to?
And has Black Knight protested against this??
Old 04-24-2002, 12:44 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Besides, I think this is a very childish way of proving a point. And while we're at it, Black_Knight is right! How many times do you talk to him? How many times are you talking about black knight when people won't understand which one you refer to?
And has Black Knight protested against this??
I think BK is quite a bit too polite to say anything about it, but I know I'd be rather upset if a "Sazerak" came online, for example. However, that is for BK and Black_Knight to settle among themselves. I would imagine Ziroc would be the final arbiter on this decision.

And, BTW, do NOT let this incident spur any of you on to further glories by making "parody" accounts of other member's names. We've already fought that battle last year, and I'm damned if I'm going to fight it again.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 04-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #17
Luigi17
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Which is exactly what I started Yorik,

I said that Black_Knight shouldn't change it unless he had to.
And I mentioned it was a free country and he could do whatever he wanted.
But, you have to twist my words around saying Im offending you when Im just speaking
the truth.

So in conclusion, Black_Knight shouldn't have to change his name just for your own convenience.

Quote:
Oringinally posted by Yorik

So this has already been discussed, and the new Black_Knight is aware of the situation.

I see. I just have one more question.

WHY THE HELL HASN'T HE CHANGED HIS NAME??!!

That thread seemed like a pretty big hint to me. Lord Shield even came out and said it
directly.

CHANGE YOUR NAME..... CHANGE YOUR NAME....
Old 04-24-2002, 01:03 PM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I suggested it was presumptious of the NEW Black_Knight to take BKS name in the last thread and I'll say it again. There can be only ONE Black Knight and you aint it. I'm sure I sound like an asshole but just like Highlander, in the end there can be only one. One of you has to chop the others head off. Thats the only solution. Chop his head off Henry
Old 04-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #19
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

I think this should be solved in a fight in RP forum
If BK wins then Black_Knight has to make a new account, if Black_knight wins, BK has to..eeh..dance naked in the ORT building
Old 04-24-2002, 01:09 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Luigi17... whatever country you refer to may in fact be a free one.. but a reminder: the Ironworks is a PRIVATELY run message board and Ziroc and the Mods make the decisions here, not the 'majority' or any other collective. [img]smile.gif[/img] Check the Terms of Service. Z is pretty lenient about what people can post but again, 'a free country' doesn't apply here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mel, yup, it would bother me to have another Cloud_bringer too.

Saz, you are, as usual, very astute! Black Knight IS too nice to say anything, but yes, having another with his name is a rather uncomfortable event. I'm sure you're right about the changing of names on accounts too, it would take Z to do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hey, Black_Knight! Nobody is trying to pick on you here! We know it was just an accident that you got a name so close to one already on the board! I'm sure you and the other BK will work it out. [img]smile.gif[/img]