Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-28-2001, 10:23 AM   #11
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Naked Chicken

Take chicken breasts (2) and fry them until they are golden brown on both sides. Place them in a casserole dish and cover them with spaghetti sauce (your choice). Cover with tin foil and cook at 350 for about 20-25 min. (more or less depending on how well they are done from frying). Take out and sprinkle mozerrella cheese over it and place back in oven until cheese is melted. Serve over or with rice!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-28-2001, 10:44 AM   #12
Conan

Baked chicken with pasta, covered with alfredo sauce. First you buy the pick of the chick. Get your sauce, pasta, (and red wine!) ready by fixing them seperate. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour and ten minutes. Drain all grease and set chicken on paper towels for more absorbtion. Take skin off chicken set on plates. Surround with pasta and pour sauce on both. Back it up with some favorite hot bread and asparagus sprouts! mmmmmm I made myself hungry. im going to lunch now!

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 06-28-2001).]

Old 06-28-2001, 12:07 PM   #13
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Garbage bread:You take some pizza dough,and flatten into a square very thin.
Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder,spread some pizza sauce on.Layer on your choice of cheeses,I usally use motzerllia(sp),sharp chedder,and american.add sausage,sliced mushrooms,small cubes of ham,crumble some bacon on,Thinly sliced peppers,peperoni,Really anything you want.Roll the whole thing up fairly tight(if you add too many items this can be tricky),fold and tuck the two ends to seal it.Brush lightly with olive oil,and bake.When finished cut the log into slices of whatever size you want.Depending on what you fill with you get very different tastes.One of my favorates is just with a couple kinds of cheese and ham cubes.You brush the dough with olive oil on the inside instead of pizza sauce for that one.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 01:27 PM   #14
Moni

SageRider,
That Garbage Bread actually sounds good! I think I'll try that!

Moridin & Conan,
Thank you guys too for your suggestions! A couple I want to take notes on for sure!

I just went grocery shopping with 84.00 in my pocket and spent 83.00 and some change LOL...I love it when I can guestimate my total so closely.
I barely got any food items though...grandpa was in need of many sundries and the cats are "always" out of food.
Anyway, I did manage to get some ground chuck and am going to make mini-meat loaves...small, individual meat loaves baked on a cookie sheet so that all the grease can run off (I hate greasy meat-loaf out of a bread pan) and I'll be able to take a couple and make grandpa and Rex some lunch plates that they can nuke tomorrow.

Looking forward to my next shopping trip as it will be dedicated to buying nothing but people foods.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-28-2001, 02:29 PM   #15
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Wow! Time to get busy Moni!

I'd say.....hmmmm......I'd think veggie lasagne does wonders, as do a traditional fish pie.

Yes, fish pie with lots of creamy white sauce. Roast potatos! Don't forget the roast potatos! (no more deep fat fryers )

------------------
Old 06-28-2001, 03:41 PM   #16
Moiraine
Anubis

Moni, if you'd like, I could send you some French recipes ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 06-28-2001, 03:51 PM   #17
onthepequod
Quintesson

I thought you Texans only cooked Okra, Black Eyed Peas, and Catfish.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-28-2001, 06:19 PM   #18
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Moni, if you'd like, I could send you some French recipes ?

Moiraine,
That would be so nice of you!!! Send away!!!

Wah,
Yes, roast potatoes! The words go through my head the same way Homer Simpson says "donuts"!

onthepequod,
Not being a Texas native, I eat none of the above and remain safe from local scorn.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-28-2001, 06:22 PM   #19
Drake
Baaz Draconian

this thread is making me hungry

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 06-28-2001, 06:59 PM   #20
Epona
Zartan

No Oven???
I can't imagine living without an oven, it is my no.1 essential household item (yep, I love to cook).

I'll try to think of some good recipes for you (they will be veggie!!) if I can post tomorrow, as I'm just off to bed.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas