Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-25-2002, 06:12 PM   #1
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

How do I beat the golden dragon (Gorgotha?)? I'm a ranger, level 18 (I think), my henchman is Tomi. I took all the different potions I have - I also gave them to Tomi, and I still can't beat her. I've reloaded about 12 times... Is there a special weapon that works well or...? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 10:31 PM   #2
AndyG
Elminster

Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to kill the golden dragon? She's a good dragon.

Ancient dragons are supposed to be the toughest creatures to beat. If you're not level 20, you will have little chance to beat a fully healthy ancient dragon. Golden dragons use a fire attack and a slashing attack. Try boosting your resistance to these two things. Greater Swordsman's belt is always good, and any of the items or spells that increase fire resistance.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 10:51 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was wondering the same thing. The green dragon is the evil one, not gold. But if youre an evil ranger its understanable

There is a bastard sword in the game called Dragonslayer that has tons of extra dmg stats against dragons. I think i found mine in the 1st set of caves in the 1st Moonwood area. Other then that, i guess your on your own
Old 07-26-2002, 02:36 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And if your trying to get the eggs for Klauth then kill the green Dragon.. shes easier than Gorgotha [img]smile.gif[/img]

But the best way (In my game) is to just use the stone of recall and rest & re-buff in the temple.. then attack again.... The enemies never healed in my game.. so I expect it would be the same for everybody else [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:48 PM   #5
psyangel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

are you fighting Akulatraxas(green) or Gorgotha(gold)????

If youre fighting Gorgotha its kinda dumb since shes a *good* dragon
psyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 05:28 PM   #6
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by psyangel:
are you fighting Akulatraxas(green) or Gorgotha(gold)????

If youre fighting Gorgotha its kinda dumb since shes a *good* dragon
not if A) he is evil
or B) he just wants experience
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 10:37 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Since the original poster stated he was a ranger that implies that he can NOT be evil. He must either want the xp or is curious about what it is like to become a fallen ranger. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 04:51 AM   #8
Glorfindel

Just correcting everyone.. I think Spelca's a She
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote