Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
Marikai
Dungeon Master

Well hey again people.

I just discovered an unusual way on getting more gold pieces. You might already know it but i haven't seen it yet so i'll say it here.

I just created a rogue recently to go and open some of the chests that i could not. But i died cause im such a fool. When i ress'd, my guys in town had no gold, so i took out the dead rogue and pooled gold on my good wizard. I went to teh priest, got my rogue alive agin, and when i went to get my rogue out, he still had his gold excluding the amount for his ress!!

So it got my attention, "Holy Jease! More gold!!" thus, i withrew my money form the bank (about 10k) and i made a new mule. I sent out the mule ALONE with all my gold pooled on him (saves time) and i took him to the Windmill and got him crushed under the turbine (quickest way on killing the mule i reckon). I took him out of town, and pooled gold on my wizard, ress'd him and wow! Hes still got the gold on him! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] The only problem with this method is that it only lasts breifly. If you reload it, the gold will be gone. So i stored it in the bank and its still there in tact (all 40k of it!)

Dont know if this will work for you, but it did for me. I just wished to share my findings.

~Marikai
[img]\"http://members.lycos.co.uk/arkana/phpBB2/images/avatars/178988289141833a89f34ac.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />Why am I trying to give, <br />when no one gives me a try, <br />Why am I dying to live, <br />if I\'m just living to die?
Marikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:29 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Marikai!!!

Unpatched version, I'm sure!
Check out the Best Tips thread - there are numerous schemes in there for increasing one's gold!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:19 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... that's an interesting variation on the inn cheat... the temple cheat [img]smile.gif[/img]

Are you playing patched or unpatched?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:34 AM   #4
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Yes...interesting a temple variation on the popular inn cheat...hmm I think I might be able to make another easy 4 million dollars...

Are you playing with or without the patch installed?
Old 12-04-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yet another interesting addition to our ever-growing list of workarounds and cheats. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2003, 03:35 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by So So:
Yes...interesting a temple variation on the popular inn cheat...hmm I think I might be able to make another easy 4 million dollars...

Are you playing with or without the patch installed?
What's the need of 4 million gold? If you want it so bad, forge some really powerful arrows and sell sell sell!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:32 AM   #7
Marikai
Dungeon Master

Well.. patched or unpatched

I know it WAS patched before i re-installed it. Ive redone the Town avi's, thinking taht was all to the patch.

Im currently in Ishad N'ha, and i didn't find the Tome of Fire (is taht the name of the 1st book to become zenmaster?). Is it in that crappy area where theres million of hallways? But hey! i got the Snakeskin trait! yeeeeja!

~Marikai
[img]\"http://members.lycos.co.uk/arkana/phpBB2/images/avatars/178988289141833a89f34ac.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />Why am I trying to give, <br />when no one gives me a try, <br />Why am I dying to live, <br />if I\'m just living to die?
Marikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:49 AM   #8
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Sazerac has made an excellent explanation of how to find the last tome in his role ascension table on Page two of the best tips.

One thing, though: It sounds to me like you are playing the unpatched version of the game. If that is the case you will never be able to leave the pyramid again once you have re-entered it. Some awkward bug at work there. You will either have to reload a game that has been saved prior to your slaying Cet (or whatever you did with him) or install the patch. (The latter I do not recommend). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 09:32 AM   #9
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
What's the need of 4 million gold? If you want it so bad, forge some really powerful arrows and sell sell sell!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
That is true but then i would have to waste money to get money...due to my sheer and utter laziness I just use the gold bug b4 I enchant and bless items and hey...what's wrong with walking around like your bill gates with a sword? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 04:07 PM   #10
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Sazerac has made an excellent explanation of how to find the last tome in his role ascension table on Page two of the best tips.

One thing, though: It sounds to me like you are playing the unpatched version of the game. If that is the case you will never be able to leave the pyramid again once you have re-entered it. Some awkward bug at work there. You will either have to reload a game that has been saved prior to your slaying Cet (or whatever you did with him) or install the patch. (The latter I do not recommend). [img]smile.gif[/img]
You can't exit out of the final dungeon once you enter (unpatched)?? Is it like this for all unpatched games, or for just some of them? I never heard about this before.

Edit: What if you use Call of Home to get out when you enter the pyramid? Can you the re-enter the pyramid when you come back to it?

[ 12-06-2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote