Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2002, 09:25 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

So what are yall doing tomorrow for Thanksgiving? Making your own turkey or visiting relatives? For me, this year I decided I'm staying home, I've gone a-visiting to relatives' houses for at least 6 consecutive years now. I want to have the four days at home and milk it for all its worth LOL. The secretary that has worked with me at my job for 12 years has retired as of today. So I have to run the entire office by myself until we hire someone else, and even then whoever we hire won't have a clue re many things so will be mostly used as a typist. So in other words, these next four days mean a lot to me LOL, the last relaxation days I will have for a long time! So I'm going to be lounging tomorrow, watching TV, popping in turkey in oven, playing Dungeon Siege now and then, basting turkey and starting side dishes, posting on IWs, making raspberry daqeuris (sp?), playing a bit more Dungeon Seige now alcohol emboldened, posting on IWs, now alcohol emboldened, watching more TV, taking out turkey and finally eating it, back to Dungeon Seige, then IWs, then.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2002, 09:27 PM   #2
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

We just had a small family Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Tomorrow it's making the rounds at different family members homes. Good thing I like turkey.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
We just had a small family Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Tomorrow it's making the rounds at different family members homes. Good thing I like turkey.
LOL, making rounds is cool if you don't have to drive so far (like I always have to). And it takes at least a good week before you truly get sick of turkey, so rounds is good, the best thing about "rounds" are the homemade side dishes! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2002, 09:34 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You been reserving that turkey antryg?
Old 11-27-2002, 09:37 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sounds like fun LadyZ [img]smile.gif[/img] . Hope you worked out the perfect gift for your secretary [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 09:38 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, LadyZekke! I can see I'll be needing to get a few more Dungeon Siege maps up for you at my walkthrough site.

Well, I'm cooking tomorrow, even thought it's just my wife and I. She's going to make turkey soup from the leftovers, and I will probably do both sandwiches from my leavings, and take Cloudbringer's excellent suggestion about making homemade turkey pot pies. (Tx again loads, Cloudy, for the recipe!)

Yes, I'm pretty much staying "in" this weekend. Going to be cold, and I have no desire to brave the crowds on Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, even to those who don't celebrate it; I'm thankful for you guys, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-27-2002, 09:41 PM   #7
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

WOW! That's gonna be rough, LadyZ! *hugs*

Definitely enjoy your time off! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I only get tomorrow off, so I cooked the turkey last night and am working on the rest of the dishes right now. I will pack it all up and head over to my Mom's tomorrow. We'll kill time until lunch, then kick back and watch the game. [img]smile.gif[/img] Tradition in our family. Not a lot of hubbub, but nice just the same.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:45 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I've got a semi-icy Butterball turkey in my fridge right now! Gonna have turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, white-bread stuffing (from scratch!) gravy and rolls. Then for later we have pumpkin pie, gingerbread and pastries. MMMMM.. love those four day weekends!

I'll be celebrating with my best friend and of course, Jim. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lovestory2.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 09:47 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

We'll eat at my wife's grandmother's at 11AM, and then at my grandmother's at 2PM! Full bellies will definately be the order of the day...lol. We'll be home around 4PM, and watch some Christmas videos or programs on television.

I usually avoid going out on the Friday after Thanksgiving day, but this year my wife and I, our kids, and my parents are going to see "Santa Clause 2; The MRS Clause" at 1PM.

Saturday and Sunday I'll be working, but I was very happy to end up with tomorrow and Friday off this year. Not just happy, I'm thankful.

I hope you all have a great and safe loooong holiday weekend. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 09:48 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One of these days I'm going to have to try white-bread dressing. Everyone down here does cornbread dressing and it's so dry and nasty, I can't stand it.

As is, I'm making dirty rice with andouille sausage for our "dressing", if you can call it that. I'm not stuffing the turkey with it, though.

Cheers,
-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."