Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-24-2002, 10:36 AM   #41
purre
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
Originally posted by Wurm:
Nuts all I was going to say was Nebs new Avatar was pretty cool and then I read the whole thread

Oh well its still a cool avatar [img]smile.gif[/img]
I think the avatar and "Foolish Follower" is in poor taste. But that's just my opinion. ;D

Mark
[/QUOTE]Well,I think so too.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:06 PM   #42
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
I am absolutely amazed to the way things are run in here. Ziroc is doing a great job webmaster-wise, but there is one thing that is close to a justice murder.

Neb was banned simply because he disagreed with mods. The problem here is that you CANNOT disagree with mods without having to be feared that your account gets deleted, even if you do it politely and havenīt hurt anyoneīs feelings. We are all equal, people. Everyone has right to disagree with anyone, and show it with good manner, too.

Luvian and Ronn_Bman (sp?): "If you donīt like it, leave" Of course no one wants to leave Ironworks if they donīt have to. Thatīs human nature. If we see that something is wrong with the acts of moderators or rules, we try to correct them (politely), of course. And when Neb tried to do this, he was banned. You call that justice?

And the #1 point. I most politely ask: please remove the "foolish follower" or whatever reads next to Nebīs name, you are DEGRADING the person by doing so. You are showing that you donīt have any respect to a long time member, and yet wonder why he didnīt respect you. Lets not make fun of anyone, okay?

Same thing with the other member whose account you banned (Lord something?) Please remove that too. Although in his case, the banning was absolutely justified for what he did to a mod.

Respect is earned. If modīs do their job like they should, I keep on giving applauds. They are polices, true, and personally I wouldnīt even consider putting anyone down here in the forums. Like someone said, itīs really recommended that moderators would even sometimes SHOW practical examples of what you cannot do here.

I wonder if I get my account deleted for expressing my opinions. *sighs*

Thanks for reading.
There is one thing you do not understand. This is NOT a public place. This is Ziroc's house. If someone come to your house, try to boss you around, and tell you how to do things. You ask him to leave.

This is NOT a democracy. You have NO right, and Ziroc make the Justice. True, you can not disagree with the mods. You can't go in someone house, and tell him to move his things around, and to buy different things than what he does. You are a guest here. Displease the host, and you are not welcome anymore.

Did you read the rules here? They are all very fair, and for the best of the forum. We don't want people that can't respect those rules. We don't want spammers and trolls.

And as for the title and avatar of the banned users, no, they are not going away. As you said, respect is earned, not given. And banned users did not earn any respect.

Here is a warning for all of you who can't understand.

Do not question a moderator. Especially not now!

Understood? We do not want to hear any more arguments. Lots of members where banned for that recently. Do you want the same thing to happen to you? No? then stop. If you have a problem, Email Ziroc.

We are not asking you all to stop, we are ordering you to stop.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:36 PM   #43
Sigmar
Unicorn

[quote]Originally posted by Luvian:
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
[qb]
Luvian I sent you a PM, its not meant to be offensive, I merely wish to satisfy my curiosity regarding my question.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:38 PM   #44
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Hmm *checks neb's profile*
gender child? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
You don't do things half-way in a campaign to degrade and embarras someone do you?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:41 PM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Luvian! I know things have been a little tense and somewhat heated in places, but I don't think the vast majority of people posting here were defying the rules. I think most are just concerned or curious. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's ok to discuss issues and questions. IW's mods and webmaster aren't going to tell you what your opinions have to be, we just ask that you follow the rules and enjoy your time at the forum.

But keep in mind that constantly re-hashing a point does get old. If you have specific questions, send a pm to a mod or the webmaster.

We've had some unpleasant things happen in the recent past here but the whole community is still out there and waiting to be participated in! Lots of things happen in cycles on bulletin and message boards. But one thing is for sure, life goes on!
Old 11-24-2002, 02:44 PM   #46
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

worship Cloudy the spam moderator-goddess.

I agree with her:
let's try not let the temper get the best of us. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

edited for grammar-correction

[ 11-24-2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: adam warlock ]
Old 11-24-2002, 02:46 PM   #47
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Question Mark

There have been many good points brought out in BOTH threads concerning how the Mods are to be treated here...and plenty of good advice too. Yet some people still insist on "questioning" the Moderators.

This is specifically covered in the Rules and Regs - along with the proper method of how to get the Moderators to address any questions you may have.

One piece of advise I would offer to all the members here is to refrain from this attitude of "I'll respect you when you respect me!" The Moderators are under NO obligation to "cut a deal" with any member in order to earn thier respect. The ONLY person whose respect they have to earn is Ziroc's, and the fact that he has made them Moderators is a good indication that they've already accomplished that.

I agree it would be nice if an explanation was given when a thread is LOCKED or DELETED - and the Moderators DO that most of the time. However, they are not obligated to do it. And if you really want to know why they took such an action, then ask them in a PM or e-mail. I've done this many times and I've always received an answer fairly quickly.

There seems to be a lot of tension and anger among some members recently...and some just seem to be looking for something to complain about. Here is something else everybody needs to keep in mind when you read or reply to posts here.....

Nobody can MAKE you mad....you can CHOOSE to become angry over words written here, but you can also CHOOSE not to. The final decision is YOURS!!!

After all, they are nothing more than words...and if you don't like what is written, you can always CHOOSE to ignore them. I think we sometimes get too caught up in feeling we have to have the "last word". This just leads to useless flame-wars.

So let's all just step back, take a deep breath, and try not to take everything so serious or personal.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:51 PM   #48
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Luvian, there are many things I would like to say to that. For one, it's a public place on the internet. Anyone can join, regardless of race, religion, creed and color. Demanding to be 'respected' without earning respect is just absurd, especially with so many people. We have a right to opinions of dissent, as we are free citizens of the world. A dissenter is not a troll by the definition of most people; they do not actively start fights, they take up causes to change things that they see as being wrong. And isn't an "obey or be cast out" rule a bit wrong? Telling us to not question you, especially not now, sure doesn't make me respect you any more. To me it looks like you're trying to suppress our opinions, and use "might makes right." Also, you cannot order me to do anything. I am governed by my own rules.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:53 PM   #49
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
There is one thing you do not understand. This is NOT a public place. This is Ziroc's house. If someone come to your house, try to boss you around, and tell you how to do things. You ask him to leave.

This is NOT a democracy. You have NO right, and Ziroc make the Justice. True, you can not disagree with the mods. You can't go in someone house, and tell him to move his things around, and to buy different things than what he does. You are a guest here. Displease the host, and you are not welcome anymore.

Did you read the rules here? They are all very fair, and for the best of the forum. We don't want people that can't respect those rules. We don't want spammers and trolls.

And as for the title and avatar of the banned users, no, they are not going away. As you said, respect is earned, not given. And banned users did not earn any respect.

Here is a warning for all of you who can't understand.

Do not question a moderator. Especially not now!

Understood? We do not want to hear any more arguments. Lots of members where banned for that recently. Do you want the same thing to happen to you? No? then stop. If you have a problem, Email Ziroc.

We are not asking you all to stop, we are ordering you to stop.
How is respect earned pray tell?
Does time spent as a member earn respect?
Does number of posts?
Does following the rules to the letter?
Does being popular or part of a clique?
Does asking these kinds of question drain away earned respect?

So a banned person does not deserve a basic amount of respect, huh?
Whatever...it's your show...run it as you like.

Mark
Old 11-24-2002, 02:57 PM   #50
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I believe there is a saying. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Ironworks in an internet website, and the only rules( or laws to be more precise) are those set by the person who own Ironworks.

That person of course, is Ziroc. Ziroc is the person in charge here, the one who has the last say. To expand on my analogy in more modern terms, think of Ironworks as a country. The Moderators are the policemen and policewomen of this country, and they are appointed by the leader of said country.

The job of these people is to ENFORCE the LAWS of this country. As citizens of this country( which includes us moderators), everybody has to follow the laws of this country or risk a loss of your citizenship.

Yes, it is expected that not every citizen will be totally happy with the laws in this country, but that does not give them the right to act out of line and react in a disorderly manner. When you visit an overseas country, do you go out of your way to break their laws just because you think that they are unfair?

In the real world, what do you think will happen when you harrass or disregard a cop? Fine? Jail? That will happen here too, only we do it in a different way. Subtraction of post counts, suspensions, and bans.

Which brings me to the next point. Bans are not taken lightly. Sometimes I think people have the impression that we are trigger-happy people who enjpy banning people.

"I no like this guy, let's ban him/her."
"Yeah, yeah."

This is simply not the case. Whether you want to believe it or not, we do actually try to see any mitigating factors that the person being examined might have. Bans are always used as a LAST resort, when all else has failed.

I also want to stress that suspensions are NOT bans, but they will LEAD to bans if you continue to make a fuss about it. People get extended jailterms when they misbehave in prison too. If they misbehave bad enough, they get a life sentence.

In conclusion, when a Moderator asks/requests/orders you to cease and desist in an activity. Please abide IMMEDIATELY. Resistance will only worsen the situation for YOU.

If you truly think you have been wronged by the Moderator, or you feel the Moderator has overlooked something, then please either send a Private Message to the Moderator in question, or another Moderator to seek advice, or E-Mail Ziroc about it.

Which brings me to another point. Please do not expect instantanous answers from us. Amazing as it may seem, we do have a life outside of Ironworks, and your message may not be read for days. Wait at least a week before you attempt to communicate again. If Private Message does not work, try E-Mail. If both fail, try to get another Moderator to act as a middleperson.

Cheers.

Land of the Psycho-moe