Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2001, 11:23 AM   #1
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Heya, Fljotsdale. Was talking with your daughter early this morning (my time anyway) and she said that you would appreciate this, so I am passing it on to you.

I live out in the country, away from town. My house is on the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and is surrounded by vast stretches of forestland.

Black bears live in the area, and during the past year one or more of them have been raiding our garbage cans in the back yard. It has happened 3 times now in the past year. I have yet to see them in the act, but my neighbor saw one of them during one of the raids (Hit his yard in the same morning) and says it is a sizable adult black bear. Way cool, huh?

I HAVE encountered one of them face to face while I was hiking in North Carolina last year. I came over a ridge and into a clearing and there was a large bear, about 30 yards in front of me. We both froze for an instant as we saw each other at the same time, but before I could do anything except drop my mouth he turned and ran into the forest. Quite an exhilarating encounter

Anyway, there you go

Btw, English accents are so . . . well . . . sexy!!!

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 12:43 PM   #2
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:

I HAVE encountered one of them face to face while I was hiking in North Carolina last year. I came over a ridge and into a clearing and there was a large bear, about 30 yards in front of me. We both froze for an instant as we saw each other at the same time, but before I could do anything except drop my mouth he turned and ran into the forest. Quite an exhilarating encounter

Anyway, there you go

Btw, English accents are so . . . well . . . sexy!!!

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-25-2001).]
Me want bear!! (Sulk.) Not fair. Why no bear in Brighton? Very small bear would do.... Cheetah want little bear to play with!!

Hey Dio, my mommy got nice voice too... (when she's not cross with children, that is..........)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 12:52 PM   #3
Absynthe

Would it be frightfully inappropriate of me to suggest Dio wear a bear suit to Brighton?
Absynthe wanders off, whistling innocently....

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 12:53 PM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

WOW! I am envious, Dio!
Mind you, I would be scared to be that close to a bear - I'm no good at tree climbing! Too fat! I'd love to have seen the ones in your yard, though - from the safety of a window!
Thanks for posting that.

Silver, I have a Brummie accent - how can that be 'nice'!?

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 12:55 PM   #5
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Would it be frightfully inappropriate of me to suggest Dio wear a bear suit to Brighton?

Um. CAN you whistle innocently, Absynthe?

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 01:04 PM   #6
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:

Laughing too much to type coherently..... ROFL ROFL LOL LOL

I see you've got the English idiom frightfully well in hand there, Ab fab

More chortling...... Absynthe - go put in your application for those stand up comic jobs RIGHT NOW dude.........

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #7
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Absynthe hay you from Washington too? Cool i'm from spokane nice to see you. Silver Cheetah i think Absynthe can wheter it's a false pretense or not is the question

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-25-2001, 01:07 PM   #8
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
WOW! I am envious, Dio!
Mind you, I would be scared to be that close to a bear - I'm no good at tree climbing! Too fat! I'd love to have seen the ones in your yard, though - from the safety of a window!
Thanks for posting that.

Silver, I have a Brummie accent - how can that be 'nice'!?

Oh come off it lady, you've got a lovely voice! Hardly brummy at all, except for the odd moment here and there when you go into fish wife mode......

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 01:10 PM   #9
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Absynthe hay you from Washington too? Cool i'm from spokane nice to see you. Silver Cheetah i think Absynthe can wheter it's a false pretense or not is the question

That boy don't have got an innocent bone in his whole body..... swatithink

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 01:10 PM   #10
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Oh come off it lady, you've got a lovely voice! Hardly brummy at all, except for the odd moment here and there when you go into fish wife mode......
Fish-wife? Moi? (If that's the right way to spell it)

------------------