Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #81
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Gillian smiled at the smith’s greeting. “Pleasure to make your acquaintance Vindson, my name’s Gillian.” He glanced over to surprisingly well-equipped half-elf customer and then back to the smith. “There is no hurry though, I find myself with at least a day to kill in your town here so, please, conclude your business with this gentleman.” Gillian paused for a second before a realisation seemed to strike him and he addressed his next comments to both men. ”I’m sorry. I did not stop to think that you might want privacy to conduct your affairs. If you would prefer me to wait outside please do say.”
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #82
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Satisfied that he had located a good lead, the scout retraced his steps back down the small trail, headed for the farms Xaver had been planning to investigate. The scout moved at a quick pace, hoping to find the dwarf and return to the tracks with time enough in the day to continue searching.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #83
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder

"I couldn't possibly accept this for free, here take these coins, things happen in the woods that are not always so nice to a hunter". he fished out 4 silver pieces, as he was setting them down he noticed the door opening out of his peripheral vision. In walked a kind looking fellow and by the short conversation between Vindson and Gillian, Vincent could tell the man had a way about him. "No worries, my business is done here for now. Have a nice stay Gillian, may the golden path lead you to enlightenment" Vincent said with a wink. "Good day gentleman, Thank you for the bow good smith, I shall return it." With that he nodded and headed out to check at the Temple to see if they could give him some more information on the new weapons he had aquired and to attone for his past actions.

[ 03-13-2007, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Elif Godson ]
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #84
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

NPC Farmhouse owner to Xaver:

An elderly lady comes to the door and when she sees who is there, she is startled and calls out...

"Oh!...James! I...I think its for you!"

And disappears behind the door again before you can even speak.

An elderly man comes near the door and sees you standing there, and moves no further than the threshold.

"Somthin' I can do fer ye?"

================================================== =============

GM to Pandaros: Your fast trek out of the forest occurs without incident and you find yourself in the open expanse of farm land surrounding Lockesville, in search of the dwarf. He is not readily visible from where you are standing, so you'll have to pick a direction and head that way.

================================================== =============

GM to Vincent: You proceed towards the temple of Demeter in hopes of coming to terms for the loss of Silt as well as having the clergy identify the strange-acting longsword that he favored in life. You already know that it is enhanced with magical abilities and you've been able to use the command word you'd learned from observing Silt in battle. However, there is more to this sword than that one power, as you have been witness to. You've already seen it come to you just by you needing it to, for example. Its time to find out the extent of this gift your dead friend has left you.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #85
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The Shadow Mage

Before Andrion's arrival today, the Mage had been busy with many tasks, and pondering much on previous events. For example, intruders had found a way into the Tower that supposedly was impenetrable, had run through the Tower unhindered, stolen from the Treasury, and two of the four foes had escaped...one being Larry and the other being the man who is to be given credit for the entire ordeal. To his minute satisfaction, Morgie was once again his prisoner, just like old times, along with an elven lass who had fallen ill to some unknown comotose-state-induced mental illness. Or whatever. The only consolation to the news that his Tower had been ransacked was that now that Larry had claimed his damnable sword that he pined over so much, he had actually found a way to leave this world and return to the One-Eyed Wolf game, which died upon his arrival. Such a shame, the Mage snickered.

This wizard who had used his talents to break into the Tower was a very interesting character...and a high-level one, too. He had deviced a Prismatic Wall that had nearly beaten all of his Shadow Dwarves, save their captain. It was a shame to have lost so many loyalists, but the good thing about being as powerful as the Mage was that he could always find more allies...one way or another. However, this new wizard of formible power troubled the Mage of Shadow. This seemed to be another "Darkcloud" leader of a rebellion that could spell trouble for his plans. If Darkcloud and this newcomer were to join forces against him...well...that would not be so nice.

He had begun to realize the power that his Old Enemy held when he was whisked away to the seams between the threads...a place in Limbo where the Windbringer held much power...and had watched this man tear down his Shadow Giant champion too easily. He at last had gained some respect for this Windbringer...respect that he had not even gave him credit for when the very man had killed him in a previous game. Of course, the Mage had outplanned that old axe-wielding breeze lover and prepared for his survival and rebirth. Thus, the Mage was here today and continuing his schemes to take over Ironworks.

But he'd have to be smarter than before. He'd have to have a firm strategy that did not find its baseline with brute force. He had to be more deceptive. Thus, his creation Andrion, the Chosen of Shadow stood before him and ready to serve as part of this new plan.

The Mage knew that he was something of an oddity to behold. His power had grown since the weakness of having Larry a part of him had been removed. He was now able to obtain his full potential as a true being of Shadow. His form was hidden beneathe flowing robes of Shadows that draped around him and swirled within themselves. It was debatable whether or not there was actually any flesh there under all that mass of black/gray. His eyes were themselves pools of shadowy gray that held no room for emotions to be portrayed. It was with these eyes that he looked down upon his minion Andrion and spoke with that dusty voice.

"You have done well, minion. I have watched you at playtime and see that you enjoy your new powers. You can keep them as long as your obedience never falters. I indeed have a task for you, but you will not go alone to do it. The Shadow Giants will accompany you to the last-remaining Clan's base...the base of the Order of the Holy Flame. That was Larry's base long ago in a forum of Blue. Your job is to obtain this Flame and bring it back to me intact that I might add it to my collection of treasures. When you are ready, let the giants know and they will lead you to the base. Have I made myself clear?"
Old 03-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #86
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Gillian watched the woodsman leave. What had he meant by that last comment? Gillian wasn’t sure but had an unpleasant suspicion that it was a variation on thieves’ cant that had so far eluded him. Was the fellow just floating the possibility or had he seen something that had prompted it? Gillian wasn’t’ sure which disturbed him more – the idea that his former calling was seemingly so obvious or the alternative explanation that strange men had simply started winking at him in shops. He turned back to Vindson and, seeing a similar look of confusion on the smith’s face, gave a resigned shrug.

”Not directly I’m afraid,” he replied to Vindson’s offer of assistance. ”I am neither a fighting man nor a farmer so have no need of the fruits of your craft. My master is currently resting in the inn so I was taking the opportunity to stroll around the town. I noticed you have suffered a serious fire recently – I trust nobody was seriously hurt?” He paused for a second as if an idea had just struck him. ”Actually, you may be able to help me. My master is a mage and may need to purchase materials or components for his magic. Do you stock anything of that sort or know of anyone in the locality who may?”
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #87
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

"Good morning, Sir." Xaver again put on a warm smile. "My name's Xaver. I'm a travelling trader and healer. I was passing through your town and decided to stay for a few days... Anyway, I am looking for supplies, berries, herbs and the like, which I need for my healing and potion making... I checked at the temple in town but they didn't have all I needed. I was told by them to try the farmlands or to look for them myself in the forest."

"Might you have any such items for sale? Or know someone here who does? And if not, perhaps you know of any good places in the forest where one can find those?"
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:35 AM   #88
dplax
Jack Burton

Andrion Wilgor

"Absolutely clear," he replied.

There is no use to waste words here. He knows he has made himself clear, asking me is just another way of showing his authority over me.

Andrion smoothed an invisible crease in his grey robes. Grey as the relative absence of light shadows create. Was he himself a shadow, a shade now? Had he lost his humanity? What exactly had the Mage made him? Only time or the Mage himself could give the answer to that, but Andrion was in no hurry to find out.

Andrion turned to leave the throne room. He did not look back. He already knew what he had to do.

The shadow giants were easily found. They might have been deprived of their leader, the great Terrakis, but they still had the same undying loyalty to the Mage. The same fury burned in their hearts. A fury, which was to be unleashed again, against the Order of the Holy Flame. The last remaining clan of Ironworks.

"He has a job for us," Andrion announced to the giants. They most likely already knew and had been expecting him.

"Let us go."
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:41 AM   #89
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

"Allow me to welcome you to Lockesville then. You shall find that we are mostly a peaceful farming community, though lately there have been quite a few strangers passing through, like yourself."

Vindson swept some metal dust from his smith's apron.

"Thanks to a selfless act by a young man, no one was seriously hurt in that fire, but had he not intervened, a child might have died."

He listened to Gillian's question.

"I have some enchanted armour and weapons, though I'm that is not what your master requires. If you're looking for ingredients for spells or potions, the temple would be your best bet. They have some supplies."
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #90
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

NPC James the Farmer talking to Xaver:

[Persuade attempt: Pass]
James decided to step outside and talk to this dwarf, who seemed friendly enough and was only asking for help.

"Well, supplies like ye metal stuff be at Vindson's place where he can mend stuff and make stuff like ye want. The only herbs like ye talkin' 'bout 'round 'ere be like parsely and rosemary an' what-not. I don't know nuttin 'bout potions and all, but I don't reckon you can make magic wit'im. Yer wantn' 'em exotic herbs and the such, but I suppose ye might go trapsin' through 'em woods 'ere fer what ye want. Berries too, I guess. But let me warn ye. They'za monster in 'em woods, son. Done gone and eat two o' Jerold's cows it did. Don't go runnin' off thinkn' its safe and all."

Behind the man, he could hear some whispering and James turns around to acknowledge what is being said to him by his wife.

"Marge wants to know if yer interested in buying some of her apple preserves she's done made last week. They'll keep real good on the road, ye know."