Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 01:16 AM   #1
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

now first thing, i'm still in highschool, and i just came back from a dance. the thing was awesome, but one problem... my friend came by and told me that one of the girls wanted to go out with me, but i wasn't really attracted to her... so i'm ashamed to say, i just sort of avoided her for the dance.

the question.. what is the nice thing to say? if a girl wants to go out, but you don't, what can i say that won't make her sad, or mad, or whatever?
Old 10-25-2002, 01:22 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You know what, it's too bad Arledrian has gone tipsy, 'cause he was really good at providing answers regarding relationships with women(or their fledglings)

I'm sorry I can't help you out, but I'm sure you'll get some advice before this time tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:25 AM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Get so drunk that you can't even see what she looks like? No, I'm just kidding. I think it'd be best if you just tell her straight up that you're not interested in a relationship with anyone at the moment. Just say you don't feel ready for commitment in general; that way you're excused and you're not offending her in any way, because it's a general comment; all you're saying is that you don't want to be attached at the moment. I think that's a perfectly valid reason. Just don't give yourself away by going out with another girl in the next few weeks or so...

EDIT: Thanks, Nanobyte [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm quite sober now, I can assure you...

[ 10-25-2002, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]

Old 10-25-2002, 02:02 AM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Mcveigh:

the question.. what is the nice thing to say? if a girl wants to go out, but you don't, what can i say that won't make her sad, or mad, or whatever?
There's nothing you can say that won't make her sad/mad/whatever. There are things you can say that will make her sadder/madder/whateverer but the fact is you're not doing what she wants (going out with her) therefore she'll feel rejected. Tell her you're not interested in a relationship with anyone if you want, that may well be the best thing to make her feel the least upset. But realise that she will feel bad whatever you say.

But hey I'm sure you'll be rejected many times in the future so it'll all even out

Hmm I prefer drunk Alex actually [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img] . Where's your kewl sig gone? [img]graemlins/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 02:07 AM   #5
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

First; do you know for certain that she likes you, or is it a case of "he said she said"?
Second; if she really does like you, there is little chance of turning her down without her feeling sad, mad or whatever.
Third; (I have to agree with Arledrian) tell her you're not interested in dating or having a relationship with anyone at the momment and make sure she doesn't see you going out with someone else any time soon after.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:13 AM   #6
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

alright, i guess i'll try these things, thanks for the help!
Old 10-25-2002, 03:23 AM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Where's your kewl sig gone?
I still have it... oh, and what's a manshoon? [img]smile.gif[/img]

--------------------

[img]graemlins/shooter08.gif[/img] "You will all die, because you smell!!!" - John Irenikuss
[img]graemlins/blownup.gif[/img] "I will crush you to goo!" - Ogre
[img]graemlins/starwars.gif[/img]
"DO NOT practise magick - it will kill you!" - Me
[img]graemlins/magic.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/monkeydoo2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/badass.gif[/img] "Die monkey, die!!"
I am in a band! I am cool! [img]graemlins/musicband.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2002, 04:47 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
How about the truth ? Tell her you're not interrested, it's simple really.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:20 AM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
easier said than done johnny... or in our case easier typed than done [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-25-2002, 07:52 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
quote:

easier said than done johnny... or in our case easier typed than done [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Why ? What can happen ? The worst thing that can happen is that she gets pissed off, and if that's the case you know you did the right thing.