Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 11:44 AM   #1
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Looks like we were very close to a major incident, Some of the arrests were in areas close to airports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3581687.stm
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

F---! I'm glad they were in time to prevent whatever the suspects were planning.
I wonder how much truth there is in these statements: "He said: "These raids are usually given a lot of importance when they are taking place, but when people are released without charge, it is not news.

"It is creating a deception in the minds of ordinary people that we have a bigger problem than we really have," he added."

On the one hand, I don't think creating paranoia and fear is a good idea (that's what terrorists want after all) but on the other the threat *is* real and news is news.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I just read about it on a local newspage. They had quite an amount of explosive materials stashed overthere. Seems the British police came just in time.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:43 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

Looks like we dodged a bullet this time. But as one police officer said "it's no longer about 'if' - it's all about when and where"

One of the suggested targets is Arsenal Football Club. I would like to thank the poodle for putting me and my family directly in the line of fire.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:14 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Glad you're OK Fred, and Terry too.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:57 AM   #6
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the replies, it seems that this story is not that important to the Nimby's, I fully agree with Donut, Tony B liar has put us in the firing line, and it seems judging by the response to this thread, not many people care, this is the biggest find of its kind in the world for many years, with the potential to kill thousands, maybe I should post again when they succeed, which they will.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:04 AM   #7
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Thanks for the replies, it seems that this story is not that important to the Nimby's, I fully agree with Donut, Tony B liar has put us in the firing line, and it seems judging by the response to this thread, not many people care, this is the biggest find of its kind in the world for many years, with the potential to kill thousands, maybe I should post again when they succeed, which they will.
Blood pays for blood.
Someone has to die for the dead.
Hope that it is not you.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:27 PM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Ooooh look! A tumbleweed!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:35 PM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

I'm with you on the lack of reaction to this story guys. The story was not even headline news down here! I guess it's only a story when people are dead with gory pictures to go with it.

I visited Manchester in the mid 90's just after the biggest ever IRA bomb had gone off. The destruction was outstanding, rows and rows of office blocks with boarded up windows, the shopping centre where many near and dear to me shop was destroyed. It left me sick to see it. The scale of destruction this bomb (or several bombs) would have made beggers belief.

My best wishes to one and all.

BTW there was also on the same day a huge TNT bomb and its makers found in the Philopenes, again from the same scum muslim organisation that bombed Bali. That too got little or no news coverage [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:46 AM   #10
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
I'm with you on the lack of reaction to this story guys. The story was not even headline news down here! I guess it's only a story when people are dead with gory pictures to go with it.

I visited Manchester in the mid 90's just after the biggest ever IRA bomb had gone off. The destruction was outstanding, rows and rows of office blocks with boarded up windows, the shopping centre where many near and dear to me shop was destroyed. It left me sick to see it. The scale of destruction this bomb (or several bombs) would have made beggers belief.

My best wishes to one and all.

BTW there was also on the same day a huge TNT bomb and its makers found in the Philopenes, again from the same scum muslim organisation that bombed Bali. That too got little or no news coverage [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
These stories must be lacking some vital ingredient that makes them newsworthy.