Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 10:19 AM   #1
Epona
Zartan

Oh please someone help me!
I have no work to do, but I have to sit at my desk pretending to work or I get told off.
Are any of you ever in this situation? How do you cope with it? I've already come up with 10 new potential characters for my Arcanum game (although I really don't want to restart again) and worked out (yet another) ideal BGII party.

Recipes for Hallowe'en is next.

The stupid thing is, there are other people who work for the same organisation who have far too much work loaded on them, but the decentralised pay budgets and ridiculous bureaucracy mean that I won't get moved an area where there is actually work to do.

So how do you cope when you're in this sort of situation? I mean, I am literally bored to tears, getting to the point when I just want to bash my head against the keyboard in utter utter frustration.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-24-2001, 11:01 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, posting on IW is a favorite of mine when I'm bored(Also when I'm not bored.), chatting on MSN or AIM is nice too, but if you're at work that might not be a possibility, there are loads of free little games on the web that you can download and play, but again, if you're at work that may no be possible, maybe you should try drawing? Or writing?
Old 10-24-2001, 11:03 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Search the Net about any subject you fancy ? I do that when I'm bored - how do you think I fell on IW in the first place ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-24-2001, 11:08 AM   #4
demus
Manshoon

Hey, Epona, I got some Ideas, but 'cos your at work I dunno if any of them are possible. Anyway heres one idea: try an online, text based game, there easy to hide cos they run in Interenet Explorer browsers. Heres a few you could try:
Shades (Constantly playable online text only game): Help page (gives an idea on what the game is about)= http://games.world.co.uk/shades/help.html And the actual game: http://games.world.co.uk/shades/

Uh, I know of some other turn based online games, but you can only play them for a while, then you have to wait untill you get more turns so there not so good.

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 10-24-2001, 11:22 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I've got a good little RPG that's contained in one small self-extracting archive, I could mail it to you, it's 22,5 megabytes in size though, so it'll be tough to send and recieve, even so, it's WEEKS of fun, I'm into my third month of playing it and I haven't even gotten halfway through it! It's a challenging game where you have to be careful, it has one or two bugs though since it's only a beta version, sadly, there won't ever be a full one since the creating company died, another company took over the project but they filled it with lots of 3D graphics that slow it down and removed a lot of the useful features, they also made it much easier.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:23 AM   #6
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

I guess I can't suggest booger flicking. Hmmm...what I used to do was gather a bunch of rubber bands and shoot them at the ceiling above people in cubicles so that they drop on their heads. That way it seems like its just raining rubberbands. I also liked to fall out of my chair whenever I sneeze and do a half hours worth of loud groaning and simpering. There was the paperclip necklace and the the pencil mustache too that entertained me.

With an internet connection, I would seldom get bored. My favorite website for such things is www.refdesk.com

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]