Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #1
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Minor Spoilers Possible
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

I am currently playing through with a Dwarf Berserker, My party consists of Me, Korgan, Jan and Viconia.

I'm trying to RP this as a greedy dwarf who wants nothing but gold, as do all dwarfs but I am confused as to which path to take where it comes to choosing to side with Bodhi or the Thieves Guild.

So which side offers more plunder and reward? I have played through both sides but I didn't really pay attention

Cheers,

J.W.K
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I think you get better rewards with the Shadow Thieves but if you said you are roleplaying then go with Bodhi

[ 07-26-2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 09:13 AM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

If there are better rewards from the Shadow Thieves why do I not just side with them? I am confused as to why you suggested siding with Bodhi
Old 07-26-2003, 09:23 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
If there are better rewards from the Shadow Thieves why do I not just side with them? I am confused as to why you suggested siding with Bodhi
If you are RPing and you are greedy then go with Bodhi becuase greedy people are considerd as Evil.

[ 07-26-2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 07-26-2003, 11:59 AM   #5
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Oh right, silly me, thanks man.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:21 PM   #6
IronDragon
Elminster

I would think that it would be more in the line of RP to side with the Shadow Thieves. After all a greedy individual would want to be in good with the thieves, they are of course where the money is.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:22 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Glad to be of help
Old 07-26-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
Manshoon

from the roleplaying perspective you're going for, which would a greedy dwarf side with? (ignoring all potential rewards for taking either side)

1) A group that openly admits in it's very title that it's comprised of thieves and seems to want to help you, so much as to even lower their price for helping you find Imoen. Profit can't be that important if they're willing to deal with you like that, even tho they ARE thieves... which means, cutting into your profit, but also possibly offering you a good advantage by accepting you and not giving you resistance at every turn. (which is the impression Yoshi give you when he speaks of his relations with the Shadow Thieves; They don't much appreciate a freelance thief walking around)

2) A group that's completely shady and secretive, so much as to not even include you in their main plans. They have a very "Do what we tell you, or else" attitude, which isn't something an evil character is much inclined to appreciate... tho if it's going to help eliminate the group of thieves that 'run the city' and get you in on the side of the victors, it may be worth tolerating... for now. Only until you're strong enough to either branch out on your own, or take them down and run things yourself.

Going from what you know of the two groups at this point in the game... it's a toss up for your character type I'd say... it's all what your character would think is bast for him, and ONLY him
Old 07-27-2003, 02:45 AM   #9
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

i see no reason to side with bodhi even if you are evil. she and here vampires are allies of your main target and they will betray you in the end.
another interesting thing : evil often gets minor quest reward xp so you should ally with the thieves. same xp for quests as bodhi's and you will kill the vampires what gives you a lot more xp than those lousy mighty shadow thieves.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:27 AM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Please put some spoiler tags at once!
Maybe some people are playing the game for the first time so put spoiler tags about her and ending!