Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 11:29 AM   #1
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

What is disk 2 used for? They say that all the game is on disk 1 and you can install the Construction Set from disk 1 as well, so what do we need disk 2 for? Extra features of the Construction Set? Can anyone clarify? tx
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:59 AM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

TES Construction Set installs off CD1, however, when you actually use the editor you must have CD2 in the drive. It contains all the animations, tga files, sounds etc used to make the game.

V***V

Old 06-14-2002, 02:25 PM   #3
dhughes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Starting to feel really STUPID lately~ now, I've been playing for a few weeks and enjoying myself~ feeling more confident, so I thought I'd check out this construction set that is supposed to install with the game... (this is the stupid part)... HOW do you start it up? I clicked on data files, thinking that was it... but nothing happens when I click on a file (to the left) and then okay~

Then, I thought well maybe it's got it's own start up .. so checked my program start list..no, nothing there about it... read the readme where it says it is installed with the game. (tried to install it and got a error message to call Pete Hines at Bethesda?)...

I can't believe something that should be so simple is turning into a pain in the .... uh, anyway... if someone can please tell me HOW I start the construction set, I'd be sooooo happy (for now, ha ha)

Thanks,
dh
dhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
huma
The Magister

When I installed Morrowind it put a shortcut for the game and the TES construction set on my desktop. If it`s not there try right clicking your morrowind folder and find target. I believe there is an .exe for the construction set in there as well. Try opening it from there. It should then prompt you for disk 2. I`ll go check if it is there and update ya.

---------------------------------------------------------------------Yup it`s in there. I don`t know how you installed yours but on mine even if I don`t use the shortcut on my desktop, if I just go into programs where I installed it I get the option if opening the game and the construction set? Sorry, besides doing a fresh install I can`t think of trying anything else. Have you tried doing a file search for the construction set? Doing that will at least let you know if it was installed with the game.?

[ 06-14-2002, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: huma ]
Old 06-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #5
dhughes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info~ but, I found out why I couldn't start the TES construction program!

I was busy the day my son brought the game over (Mother's Day present) and so he installed it while I finished up what I was doing, and evidently he didn't think I'd want to use it and didn't install it.. so, I just reinstalled the game and then opted for the TES to be installed then.

So, all is well (for now)~
dh
dhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 03:53 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

does xbox version have TES Construction Kit and Disk 2 as well?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote