Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-26-2000, 06:07 AM   #1
nightowl66

Does anybody know how to kill these things!
had to restart the game first time they followed me back to Ishad Na and camped right outside the door
keep killing me instantly?

Old 10-26-2000, 08:43 AM   #2
Silencer

Try to see them before they see you. Then burn them with 6-8 Flamedrop spells from far away. They don't reach that far then your spell. Hunt them at daylight, when you see farther. There are 6-7 Mantraps in the area, so be careful.
They will be much more difficult later in a dungeon

Old 10-26-2000, 09:31 AM   #3
Fanti

see the topic "Just wondering where to find all that money for training?! " 10-24-2000 10:38 AM
I described in my reply how I killed the mantraps.

Old 10-26-2000, 02:51 PM   #4
Altean

I think there are only 3-4 mantraps in area, somehow they will find you, so sooner or later you have to kill them. Only good way is to use heavy magic from afar. I doubt flamedrop will do much to them, it takes only 1 damage like 7 times. Best way is to load them with flamestrike, meteor, incinerate or lightning. Of course if you are good enough meteorstorm will probably kill them all in one spell. I wish I had meteorstorm in that time. Thing is that in Boogre castle are even worse mantraps - Jungle Jilly. I found 2 groups of 3-4 of them and had really trouble to kill them, because they are inside dungeon. Often helps to cast summon creaure so you have short time to heal or run from them. They cost really plenty mana to kill. If you can separate one from rest you can melee it, but you will be hit with one gas attack at least. IF they are 2 or more, just shoot spell and run, that stupid gas of theirs can catch you far away and it seems to ignore walls and turning, like homing missile.

Old 10-26-2000, 02:51 PM   #5
Altean

I think there are only 3-4 mantraps in area, somehow they will find you, so sooner or later you have to kill them. Only good way is to use heavy magic from afar. I doubt flamedrop will do much to them, it takes only 1 damage like 7 times. Best way is to load them with flamestrike, meteor, incinerate or lightning. Of course if you are good enough meteorstorm will probably kill them all in one spell. I wish I had meteorstorm in that time. Thing is that in Boogre castle are even worse mantraps - Jungle Jilly. I found 2 groups of 3-4 of them and had really trouble to kill them, because they are inside dungeon. Often helps to cast summon creaure so you have short time to heal or run from them. They cost really plenty mana to kill. If you can separate one from rest you can melee it, but you will be hit with one gas attack at least. IF they are 2 or more, just shoot spell and run, that stupid gas of theirs can catch you far away and it seems to ignore walls and turning, like homing missile.

Old 10-26-2000, 02:51 PM   #6
Altean

Old 10-26-2000, 02:52 PM   #7
Altean

Old 10-26-2000, 02:52 PM   #8
Altean

Old 10-26-2000, 02:57 PM   #9
Altean

OMG, sorry about this, I got some error message from servr that message cannot be submitted, so I tried several times, somehow it got them all, strange.