Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2002, 09:47 AM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OK, my paladin has gotten to Level 4 and I get a stat upgrade. What should it be? My stats: STR 14, DEX 13. CON 14, WIS 11, INT 10, CHA 15. My gut is to go with STR, what do you think?
Old 06-30-2002, 09:50 AM   #2
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

It really depends if you are going to multi class him or not, if you leave him like that, i'd say constitution, because later on, you'll find a belt that increase your strength by 4, there's also a bracer that increase your dex by 5 and constitution is pretty important for fighters.
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:58 AM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i say inteligence. get it to 12, and upon level ups, you get more skill points. always handy, especially if you like to parry, or set traps, or something like that.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 10:51 AM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I am definitely not going to multiclass him. He is gonna be a Pally all the way. Hmm CON, more HP, INT, more skills. He's not gonna set any traps, and why parry? I haven't even used that skill yet, mostly pounding on the bad guys to protect Sharwyn. For some reason, they always go after her, even if I was the one who attacked them in the first place.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 11:35 AM   #5
ratchild
Manshoon

I'd say wisdom, as you'll need 10 + (spell level) to be able to cast the higher level spells. don't go past 14 though, as paladins only get 4th level spells
Old 06-30-2002, 11:42 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd go strength or con. You get another at 8th level and I'd do the one I didnt raise then. Oh and I dont parry either, just whack'em
Old 06-30-2002, 01:00 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I go for strength and parry because later in the game you'll be swarm by hords of monsters. so strength make you do lotsa damage and parry helps you defending.

ps, parry seems to work best with sword like weapon.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 02:29 PM   #8
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
OK, my paladin has gotten to Level 4 and I get a stat upgrade. What should it be? My stats: STR 14, DEX 13. CON 14, WIS 11, INT 10, CHA 15. My gut is to go with STR, what do you think?
I would go with Dex, Wix, or Cha so you get an immediate benefit. A 15 STR or 15 CON or 11 INT won't give you any higher bonus then what you all ready get. Don't bother with INT at all you won't want to waste 2 stat raises to get it to a 12, by then 8 levels would have been wasted anyway. Only raise DEX if you don't plan on using heavy armor as it only allows 1 point of AC benefit which you all ready have. Don't bother with CON, you'll have plenty of HP's as is and there are things that will raise it later plus you have to raise it 2 points to get any benefit. I would raise CHA now and then WIS at level 8. I would focus on WIS after that at level 12 and 16 raising it to a natural 14 and then at 20 maybe raise DEX to finish. Keep in mind that only 'even' number stats really matter. A 12 is just as good as a 13 it appears. There are many items that raise STR, I have a belt and gloves that add +3 and +2 to STR. There are items that raise WIS but they are mainly amulets and you might want to use a better one. Plus the higher WIS the more cleric spells you'll be able to cast.

[ 06-30-2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Jerhal ]
Old 07-01-2002, 12:00 PM   #9
AndyG
Elminster

Don't waste points in intelligence just for extra skill points. You can drink potions of Fox Cunning right before you level up, then you can get a few extra points. Note that you can drink several potions and the effects stack.

I would go wisdom for the spell casting. If you're wearing heavy armor, there's no point in pumping dexterity very high. Strength and constitution are good choices as well.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 06:21 PM   #10
Norfleet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Drinking potions of fox cunning or other artificial int boosters have no effect on the number of skillpoints you receive at level up: The game only checks your natural int bonus. Believe me, I've tried. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Norfleet is offline   Reply With Quote