Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
bigskank1
Welcomed New User

Default Help! Can't move a temple guardian

I've racked my brain here and can't get this solved.

I'm in Anephas's Temple. I have moved all the oblisks to reflect the light down to his shrine. However, one of the Temple Guardian statues that I had moved out of an entry way is party way on the ramp leading up to the shrine, and it blocks the light beam.

I can't carry or move this statue. I have tried it on all four sides. I have also tried to push it from every direction. It won't budge. I have exited the game and reloaded, and it still is stuck. Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to move this? As is, I'm stuck and will have to scrap many, many hours of work if I can't continue.
bigskank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
bigskank1
Welcomed New User

Default Re: Help! Can't move a temple guardian

Also, to clarify, when I select Carry and click on the statute, the status screen says "Moving the Temple Guardian" but it won't actually move it. And I'm running the patch

Last edited by bigskank1; 01-04-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the boards, bigskank1!!!!

Sorry to hear about your dilema!! Sounds like a tough one - okay what to do?

Have you tried having smaller or larger members of your party do the moving??/carrying??

I don't believe you can use Vanish on those statues but I'd give it a try, can't hurt.

How far back is your last saved game??

I know that I had at least one game where I had similar problems. Don't recall what I did. Hope someone else will show up with some other ideas.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Sometimes objects (or members of your party) can get stuck in the floor -- when it happens to you it's like quicksand & you sink to your waist. Vanish is the only recovery, and that doesn't always work.

Wyv has some good suggestions, but I'll add that you can exit the shrine the way you came in, hang a left and go to the very western edge of the clearing by the trees, and Vanish yourself across to the other side of the shrine.

It's fun 'cause the pirates don't trigger until you attack, so your Rogue can run around pickpocketing them

Turns out later on that Anephas can resurrect himself w/o your help. Hehe.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
bigskank1
Welcomed New User

I create a save point before I do any of the temple/castles/mountains/crypts, etc... and make sure not to overwrite it until I'm done, so I reverted back to that. Sucks because I had done a lot of leveling up in there and didn't encounter nearly as many good enemies the second time through, but I did make it though. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I've always used one save slot per party -- just treat it like a quicksave. Whenever I think of it (say every couple minutes or after killing a big guy, &tc.) I just do a quick Save -> Save -> Overwrite? -> Yes.

Like Bungleau says, Save Early, Save Often.

But it would be nice to bind say Ctrl-S to auto save to the last used slot. *shrugs*
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Woodwose
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also encountered an unmoveable temple-guardian a few days ago. Just after accidentially pushing it. For me too, only reloading a saved game helped. Seems to be a quite common problem.
Woodwose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yes- it was a common problem.
I always had a least 3 save files for any game - one for in town, one for the entrance of a dungeon or whatever and the third when it was obvious I was starting some puzzle within that dungeon or whatever. Sometimes I kept as many as 4 save games going so I never had to reload to far back if I came upon a problem.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Reminds me that there's also one other option.. the "Revert Game" option in W&W that will take you back to the last time you left a town. While it may stink to lose all that you've done, it sure helps if you realize it's been *way* too long since you saved...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #10
Shadow Stranger

Another approach is to temporarily alter D6Prop.dat to turn the guardians into little Obelisks and see if they can then be moved to another location. If they can, do it and then undo the alterations to the file D6Prop.dat.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote