Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-22-2002, 05:16 AM   #1
Grungi
Banned User

my armour says max dexterity bonus +1 im taking this to mean that say i have dex 15 and bonuses of +5 but that armour on i only actually get a bonus of +1 so therefore there is no point at all to having the extra +5? if thats true i got some eq to get rid of [img]tongue.gif[/img] or does it affect saving throws in any way still?
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 06:29 AM   #2
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
my armour says max dexterity bonus +1 im taking this to mean that say i have dex 15 and bonuses of +5 but that armour on i only actually get a bonus of +1 so therefore there is no point at all to having the extra +5? if thats true i got some eq to get rid of [img]tongue.gif[/img] or does it affect saving throws in any way still?
You got it. Max DEX bonus of +1 means just that: when the armour is on your DEX bonus is +1. If the armour class boost is significant enough for you, then you may want to keep the armour around. Also, you can switch suits of armour quickly in this game by assigning them to the quickslots on the bottom of the screen...just drag and drop: and there you go!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:14 PM   #3
Dungeon Master

I did notice, however, that the game prevents you from changing suits of armour while in combat and I ken that notion.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:51 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

hmmm ok so i can stick it all in con and str then, i assume its better to have higher ac than dex? (you take less hits but hit less easily or often yourself? that it?) cos atm im hitting hard and barely taking any damage, plus regenerating the damage i do take, in fact nothing is challenging currently, ill play through on the hardest next time round to see if something can beat me up.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:33 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I have found some light armors that provide a better AC than the best heavy armor I've found because it allows more of your dex bonus.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:09 PM   #6
Dungeon Master

Grungi, I'm not sure but armour may not prevent your DEX from benefiting attacks. Just can't think whether it does or no. Anybody know about that?