Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-03-2002, 09:51 PM   #1
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

From www.ebgames.com

Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide is the first official expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights! It includes a new 40-hour single player campaign as well as game features new to Neverwinter Nights, such as additional D&D skills, feats, classes, monsters, weapons and spells. In addition, the pack includes two new tile sets and other assets for use in the Aurora toolset that will enable amateur module designers to create completely different worlds.

The price tag $49.99. Ouch. I was hoping for something more like $29.99. Maybe this will change the closer we get to release date which is listed as 2-18-2003.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:19 PM   #2
Debaser

$49.99??? Is it supposed to be an EXPANSION or a whole new game? (rhetorical question there...)

NWN was worth that much because not only because of the single-player campaign, but the vast online potential, the toolset and the works in regards to that, and the fact that the game was brand new and ground-breaking in a few ways. To charge the exact same for an expansion just seems completely illogical......then again, I would be a liar to say that I wouldn't dish out the dough for it. But it would still leave me with a sour taste in my mouth...
Old 12-03-2002, 11:20 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...forum=69&sp=15

Quote:
Tom Ohle - Communications Assistant - Bioware

Cost & Release Of The SoU X-Pack:
As was mentioned in another thread, we do not have a price for SoU yet. EBGames likely just made that price up. They also have a release date--which came as a shock to everyone involved in the project. "I didn't know that we knew the exact day it was going to come out. It's at EB, though, so it must be true."
Just little snippet I found about this from the Bioware Forums.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:16 AM   #4
Darkman

Thanks for the heads up Chewbacca. I'm starting to wonder if Electronics Boutique hired Miss Cleo to do their marketing
Old 12-04-2002, 05:33 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well you certainly can't go wrong with an ex-con eh?
Old 12-04-2002, 07:47 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkman:
Thanks for the heads up Chewbacca. I'm starting to wonder if Electronics Boutique hired Miss Cleo to do their marketing
ROTFLOL!!!! Miss Cleo...HEHEHEHEHEHE! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Those Eb guys were my competition at the mall, they will say anything to get a pre-sale.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:02 PM   #7
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I hope this goes smoother than the release of the collector’s edition. I know it was announced to be available as of 11-28 but no one has it or is shipping it to my knowledge.

So if EB says 2-18 and Bioware does not have a date. We will see it hum this is a tough one but we will see it hum 2-31? Look at the calendar I bet I am right. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyone want to start a guessing pool on when it will ship?

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote