Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-26-2002, 11:57 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...898741,00.html

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...898740,00.html

Quote:
Dr. Greg Zeschuk
Co-CEO Bioware

A few specifics to mention include some of the improvements to the henchman system--we're working on improving henchman AI, as well as giving the player control of the henchman inventory. The first expansion pack will be similar to the original Neverwinter Nights where the player will have one henchman accompanying them on the journey, though we have an additional goal of making the henchman much more interactive, and we're exploring the possibility of having more than one henchman in the second expansion pack. BioWare's upcoming Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic will feature an expanded party system, as will the new PC intellectual property we're currently working on, but not yet talking about.

With regard to the new monsters, they can best be described as "bigger and scarier!" As Ray mentions above, we are able to pull out all the stops in our expansions and sequels as the designers have greater skill and experience they can apply to creating new content. Not only will the monsters in this second expansion pack be bigger and cooler, but they will also be considerably smarter as we have plenty of time to design new and powerful AI systems for creatures and enemies to use.
Cool!!!! 3 new tilesets, new monsters and AI! All sorts of new stuff! I'll definitely buy the collectors edition to help fund these!!!

[ 12-01-2002, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 11-27-2002, 03:19 AM   #2
Lopadamus Flimbog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just about to post it, but saw it then

i posted a while back that the expansion pack would be called Shadows of Undrentide, everyone denied it, so there,I was right!

Edit: forgot the word "back", so... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-27-2002, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Lopadamus Flimbog ]
Lopadamus Flimbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 10:00 AM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Any idea when either of these is going to release?

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Udrentide is supposed to be out in spring of 2003 and the second expansion in summer of 2003. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Of course, there is always the witchwork series to tide you over. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 02:05 PM   #5
Darkman

Well the unfortunate thing about this is that modules made with the expansions can only be played with expansion versions of NWN. This would force people to go out and buy TWO expansions if they wanted to play any new modules. That sucks. I sure hope the xpacs won't be too expensive...
Old 12-02-2002, 04:37 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Looking forward to this. Anything that improves the toolset's functionality will be a big bonus. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 03:58 PM   #7
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Yay I hope there are more feats to choose from and your sub-race will actually help deturmine some of your skills and things.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:06 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If I read the Bioware forums right, you can still influence what will be included and what won't be. The mods / designers are scanning the boards for suggestions / requests. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think some Prestige classes will be included as well as additional feats and skills. Not sure about subraces, although that would be nice -

[img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT:

Prestige classes are DEFINITELY in - NW Vault took a poll on their forums and here are the results of what people WANTED.

Arcane Archer (583) 10%
Archmage (618) 11%
Assassin (739) 13%
Blackguard (481) 8%
Divine Champion (308) 5%
Divine Disciple (95) 2%
Divine Seeker (77) 1%
Dwarven Defender (323) 6%
Guild Thief (235) 4%
Harper Scout (259) 5%
Hathran (33) 1%
Hierophant (143) 2%
Loremaster (230) 4%
Pple Dragon Knight (286) 5%
Red Wizard (373) 6%
Runecaster (280) 5%
Shadow Adept (223) 4%
Shadow Dancer (464) 8%

Bioware is NOT saying yet how many are in, or which ones are in ....

If I was guessing I would say anything at 8%+ for sure and possibly 6% or better from that list made the cut, but that's only because I want to see the dwarven defender in and NOT because I have some secet pipeline of information into Bioware's plans. lol [img]smile.gif[/img] Ooops .. that can't be right because Harper scout was already confirmed, so MAYBE the cut point is 5% ... lol

[ 12-02-2002, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 07:51 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Whohooo, I will buy them both, I don't care what they cost. Wow, Prestiege Classes. Heck, I'll buy two of each. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Wait until I tell Piestrider!
Old 12-03-2002, 04:40 PM   #10
DraconisRex

Thank you all for the posts and updates. It'll be nice to get back to this game once they "finish" it. [img]smile.gif[/img] (It came out half-baked, IMO.)
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote