Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-13-2003, 01:30 AM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I finally got to playing around a bit and went a finished the crypt today. I pretty much went everywhere else except the gypsies' place at Nymph Lake. I've got a good deal of gold on me that I don't want to risk losing on the way to Ishad'Na, so if I put it in the bank in Valeia, will I still be able to get it from the Town Hall in Ishad'Na?

Also on a side note:
I have a wizard at level 5 or 6 right now, and he's got the stats to become a warlock. He's got 5 points in suncraft and 4 (with change) in stonecraft. If I change him to a warlock, will he continue to learn spells in suncraft and stonecraft?

And can Monks learn vinecraft? I have a priest that's specializing in vinecraft with a bit of spirit craft for healing, and I want to make him a monk. If I do that, will I continue gaining vine magic?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:00 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

OK let's see. AFAIK you can't access the gold you deposit in Valeia in another town but I might be wrong here.

A warlock can learn all schools of elemental magic at his current level. He can not learn vine or spirit magic. This is also from the back of my mind but I don't think I'm wrong.

Monks can not learn vine magic. You are still able to learn vine spells at half your vine skill level. If you have level 8 in vine magic your monk can learn up to level 4 vine spells. So if you want the high level vine spells you need to acquire them either as a priest or as a ranger.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:36 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh I seem to recall that you can get your money from any of the banks.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I believe you can get your money from any bank. I believe they all have orbs of linking, Willow [img]smile.gif[/img]

I usually put some useful portion of my gold in the bank. When I'm starting out, I try for 10,000, and move up from there. Once I get to 100,000, I generally forget about it until I've got more than 10,000,000 -- at that point, I put a few million in the bank for safekeeping.

As for the spells... Warlocks receive no penalty in learning spells. So you will be able to continue learning them at your Warlock level. According to the guide, Warlocks learn moon and fiend magic; I'm not sure they pick up vine, spirit, sun, or stone. It's been so long... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Monks can learn spirit magic, but not vine. So further education in vine will be limited to half your spell school and character levels. Of the two level seven vine spells, I consider vine of life to be useless, and whirling dervish to be far less useful than the other elemental storm spells. I cast it perhaps once a game, just to try to remember what it does.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 07:46 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

And yes, the gold can be withdrawn from any of the three banks. [img]smile.gif[/img] But only by the specific character who made the deposit.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:36 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

1. There is only one bank in Gael Serran. It does not matter where you deposit your gold. It will be available for withdrawing in each town. Therefore, yes, you can deposit your gold in Valeia and then withdraw in Ishad N'Ha all your deposited gold gold.
2. All magic schools are native to warlocks but only Moon and Fiend magic is given to warlocks. Therefore:
a) Yes, the warlock will be able to learn Fire and Stone spells as if he were a mage.
b) If the warlock already knows Spirit and Vine magic then he will be able to learn Spirit and Vine spells as if he were a priest.