Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Beta-Test Access Code
In addition to making you the proud owner of a bouncing baby murloc, the souvenir gift card you receive will also contain an access code for an upcoming Blizzard beta test. Once you receive the card, you’ll be able to visit a Blizzard Web site, enter the code, and sign up to be contacted when the upcoming beta test is ready for you to join. While beta tests give us a chance to fine-tune our work, they also provide the unique opportunity of allowing participants to try out and give feedback on a Blizzard title before it becomes available to the general public
Source-
http://www.blizzcon.com/swag.shtml

Quote:
"We're going to be showing off a new product we haven't announced yet," said Wang. (And for those thinking it's the long-rumored unveiling of "Diablo 3" or "Starcraft 2," get ready for a letdown. Wang said the announcement will be linked to "World of Warcraft".)
Source-
http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/12/comm...lumn_quakecon/

Combine these two snippets of information along with the recently registred name "The Burning Crusade" by Blizzard and I think we are looking at a potentiall expansion in the works. Obviously it will be too early to tell, but I think there is a huge possibility that they are working on an expansion to WoW.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:42 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I thought it was already confirmed in the official forums..?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:53 AM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
I thought it was already confirmed in the official forums..?
If it was then it was. I don't look at that sad excuse for a forum.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:27 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Dev tracker is your friend though.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I hope they add blood elves or naga...
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
I hope they add blood elves or naga...
They won't. That would involve adding a third faction which at this point, is far to immense of a task.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:21 AM   #7
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Wouldn't be that hard. Add the BE's to alliance, Naga to horde. It might seem like a cop out, but hey, adding Imp. Guard to DoW is as well in a way.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:06 PM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Wouldn't be that hard. Add the BE's to alliance, Naga to horde. It might seem like a cop out, but hey, adding Imp. Guard to DoW is as well in a way.
Except that totally alters the game. There is history behind the Warcraft Universe. The Blood Elves and the Naga are aligned it Outland with Illidian, trying to prepare for either Kil'Jaedens revenge or there next assault on The Frozen Throne. Both Kael and Lady Vashj are allies with Illidain out of necessity.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #9
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I don't think it'll be extra races, but perhaps another island for higher characters (Hero classes, anyone?).

I'm not much good at WoW knowledge, but I know that there is another island...Pandoria or something.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
I don't think it'll be extra races, but perhaps another island for higher characters (Hero classes, anyone?).

I'm not much good at WoW knowledge, but I know that there is another island...Pandoria or something.
Northrend is what your thinking. Everyone is speculating about Northrend (that is where the Lich King/Arthas currently resides). And everyone is also expecting hero classes in the expansion. There is a possibility of Draenor/Outland too, but that would involve adding Illidain, the Naga, and Blood Elves.

There is also the islands near the Maelstrom, where the Naga came from and the Tomb of Sargeras.