Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2002, 03:44 PM   #11
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sigmar,

I cannot speak for others, but I can assure you that I took no offense at your Post - at least not towards you.

The rhetoric on the site was so completely obsessive and ludicrous that it completely invalidated itself. It didn't take very long to realize where that guy was coming from and how skewed his "observations" were.

May not have been the best site to provide a link to today, but I (for one) do not "hold it against you" in any way.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:52 PM   #12
Sigmar
Unicorn

Well...I...OK

Well sorry for that lttle rant and I'mm glad to hear no one was offended, thanks for the replies Cerek, Kaltia.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:24 PM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Well...I...OK

Well sorry for that lttle rant and I'mm glad to hear no one was offended, thanks for the replies Cerek, Kaltia.
Don't worry, I wasn't mad at you, but that you posted the link, and gave that prick some air-time. Those types of people need to be beat.. Where is Rikard? Beat em down Rik!

I just don't want to see ANY type 9-11 bashing, and I know you meant only to show people what an ass this guy was, but by doing so, you gave him air-time, and that's exactly what he is looking for.

As Memster would say; No worries mate!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-11-2002, 04:28 PM   #14
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Well...I...OK

Don't worry, I wasn't mad at you, but that you posted the link, and gave that prick some air-time. Those types of people need to be beat.. Where is Rikard? Beat em down Rik!

I just don't want to see ANY type 9-11 bashing, and I know you meant only to show people what an ass this guy was, but by doing so, you gave him air-time, and that's exactly what he is looking for.

As Memster would say; No worries mate!
[/QUOTE]Thankyou for replying, and I read you loud and clear. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

BTW-Thanks for bothering to put the chatroom link up, and remember, Don't be a stranger [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 04:31 PM   #15
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sigmar, forget bout it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 05:25 PM   #16
Melusine
Dracolisk

Siggy, you're a good guy! [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't worry about it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 05:28 PM   #17
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Where is Rikard? Beat em down Rik!

Rik's still galavanting off with his new girlfriend and refuses to come and see us. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 05:56 PM   #18
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Ziroc, I agree completely.
Sigmar, I was offended, but not at you.
Lord Shield, I would never say anything good about the IRA. They tarred and feathered a friend of mine, when she made the mistake of saying the wrong thing in a pub. P.S., I know that this is flippant, but some friends of mine and I went to a St. Patrick's Day party dressed as Black and Tans. I am very glad that your dad and you avoided the attacks, and am more than sorry that Lord Louis Mountbatten didn't.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:00 PM   #19
Lord Shield

yes i remember the Mountbatten incident - was most regrettable. i also remember when they blew the building NEXT rto the one Thatcher was in

Old 09-11-2002, 06:27 PM   #20
Lox
Manshoon

I'm not sure what to say. I have a feeling my post to Sigmars thread was one of the ones that upset you Ziroc, but I don't remember exactly what I said. Can you email my post to me (or better yet the entire thread?)

I'm sorry if what I said upset you or anyone else, and I understand the sensitive nature of today, but I stand by what I said. I may have said it too hastily though, and it may have come off wrong, but I wasn't trying to incite. Of course, I respect your decision to remove the post/thread (although I think I disagree-not sure yet). It is your board afterall, so I can't cry "freedom of speech."

Anyway, there are loads of other politically intense threads that aren't related to Sept. 11, so I can always go there for good debates.

PS: I hadn't belonged to a forum or chat board for a while before this one (joined a couple months ago). I have to say that the diversity and decorum here has greatly impressed me. I have yet to see even a minor flame war (would that be a flame "conflict" or a flame "police action"? ) and the trolls are dealt with swiftly. Kudos to everybody for bringing some maturity to the Net.