Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2001, 11:02 AM   #1
Istaron
Banned User

There was a fight in my school two weeks ago. Some guy, who is known to be messy, says to a small guy (but strong, he's a boxer) "If you even look at me again, I'm gonna kick your ass!"
What the little guy does is that he punsh him in the face.
And now, he is rusticated (thats the word?) for three days, since he stroke first. I don't know what he had done to piss the other guy of, but I have heard he did not start it.
Well, do you hink the headmistress did right when she rusticated him?
I mean, the only other option the little guy had was to do nothing and riscing to leave the place bloddy in the face and not on the knuckles...

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-13-2001, 11:06 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

It's always better to not strike first in a schoolyard fight. You usually get blamed more. I'd just given the idiot a good stare and see if he was dumb enough to follow through with his threat. Then definitelt block and hit back in defense.

My 2 pence!

Mark
Old 09-13-2001, 11:06 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What's rusticated mean?

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 11:07 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

Possibly suspended as in American Schools?

Mark
Old 09-13-2001, 11:09 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Rusticate: to retire to live in the country. to suspend for a time from a university or college as punishment.

Mark
Old 09-13-2001, 11:10 AM   #6
Istaron
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
It's always better to not strike first in a schoolyard fight. You usually get blamed more. I'd just given the idiot a good stare and see if he was dumb enough to follow through with his threat. Then definitelt block and hit back in defense.

My 2 pence!

Mark
Acctually, blocking a punsh you do not know coming, is VERY difficult, even when it is not that fast. You don't REALLY know if he will hit, neither where.

And, well... my english is not that good, and the word "suspend" had fallen out of my mind

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen

[This message has been edited by Istaron (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 11:11 AM   #7
skywalker
Banned User

Istaron!

I do realise, easier said than done!

Mark
Old 09-13-2001, 11:12 AM   #8
Moni

The headmistress was right in what she did...the verbal threat was not a physical attack and can not be deemed as an offense warranting punishment.
If the little guy was bound to get into a fight with he bigger one just for being, he should have let the big guy throw the first punch and then kicked his a$$. Being a boxer, he should know the techniques for blocking an attack and could have come out of it unscathed.

In spite of the fact that my son's crutches were repeatedly kicked out from underneath him in the seventh grade (he had a broken leg and ankle, a cast up to his hip), he was suspended from school for getting up and knocking her out with one of his crutches.

Chances are that the little guy would have been rusticated for his self defense as well but it is school's policies against physical violence that punishes all involved and there is no separation of reason between attack and self defense.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-13-2001, 11:16 AM   #9
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Acctually, blocking a punsh you do not know coming, is VERY difficult, even when it is not that fast. You don't REALLY know if he will hit, neither where.

And, well... my english is not that good, and the word "suspend" had fallen out of my mind

Granted, this is the truth but when you know someone isout to kick your a$$, it is always best to know where they are and how vulnerable you might be to any attack from them.
Had the little guy been able to go to the headmistress with warning of the threat and made her aware of the possiblity of a physical confrontation because of it, the bigger guy might have been punished, or at least monitored before anything could happen.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-13-2001, 11:27 AM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

If I was in his position I would have done the same thing. Its all nice and easy to say what he COULD have done when your not in his place but it is a spur of the moment decision and I cant say I would have done differently. Actually I have done it before Much to my chagrin when i got a week of school for "physical violence against another student" of course the fact that the guy had been constantly at me for a week to get just that reaction from me was not mentioned.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."