Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 04:20 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It may be on the news by this evening, Moni. It was over a local broadcast that I heard it. The sad thing is, similar things may be happening in other locales as well. I know that NY Mayor Giuliani was urging people to not seek vigilante retaliation against members of the arabic or middle eastern races. It's sad that it has to be said.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 04:27 PM   #12
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Sadly it's an all to common reaction. When an animal is wounded it will often strike out blindly at the nearest identifyable target ( just ask a vet ).

I just pray that the American people do not sink to this level in their hurt and pain. When their response comes, it must be proportionate, targeted and backed by hard evidence and the weight of International Law.

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 04:30 PM   #13
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i think its sad that these people cant work together. we're all Amercian citizens in the states, we have to pull together! and for those who arent citizens as of yet, please join us! but in the meantime, support us too!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-12-2001, 04:32 PM   #14
Djinn Raffo
Ra

This really pisses me off!
What a bunch of idiots the people who attacked that mosque must be!
I'm burning up at the thought of how utterly stupid those people must be!
Old 09-12-2001, 04:34 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
It may be on the news by this evening, Moni. It was over a local broadcast that I heard it. The sad thing is, similar things may be happening in other locales as well. I know that NY Mayor Giuliani was urging people to not seek vigilante retaliation against members of the arabic or middle eastern races. It's sad that it has to be said.

It probably will be.

I had heard on national news coverage about Arabic communities in NYC fearing attacks from U.S. citizens but as of yet, no one is going after anyone in any violent manner...the city seems to be pretty united in helping one another through every process of getting through it. That is uplifting and I can only hope that sentiment spreads across the nation the same way donating blood did yesterday.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-12-2001).]

Old 09-12-2001, 04:51 PM   #16
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Today, a Mosque with peaceful Islamic worshippers in Richardson, Texas (a Dallas suburb) was attacked and partially destroyed by a group of as-yet unidentified people. Although nothing has been disclosed, authorities believe it to be a direct retaliation attempt for yesterday's attack on the World Trade Center and Washington DC. There have been several injuries (no deaths, thank heavens) and about $35,000 worth of damage to the building.

This is the kind of madness that we MUST guard against. Blind rage, hate, prejudice, and actions taken against Islamics, Muslims, and Middle Easterners for no other reason than they are of the same race as those ALLEGEDLY who caused the attack (remember, we STILL don't know who did it!) For those who chose to attack that mosque today, they are no better than the scum who attacked the Trade Center and the Pentagon yesterday. Just my opinion.

This is what I have been afraid of. There has been an increase in 'incidents' in the UK as well, according to the news. The Muslim population is very nervous. We CANNOT target people for their race or religion! We would not do it if we thought the perpetrators were white protestants, for pity's sake!

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 04:58 PM   #17
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

That's disgusting. Everybody needs to remain open minded about this. That type of behavior will get us nowhere.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-12-2001, 05:25 PM   #18
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Hasn't there been enough harm done? I want retribtution for what has happened but when things like this happen, you know the terroists have won.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:28 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

VERY insightful, Deadman. One's enemies only win when one sinks to their level. That's when they've defeated you from the inside.

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 11:08 PM   #20
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just an update: There have now been three Mosques attacked in the North Texas area, believed to be in retaliation for the attack on the WTC and the Pentagon. Here's an article on the latest updates:

http://www.msnbc.com/local/kxas/NBCS5R45JRC.asp

Gads, it's monstrous. I wish they would just stop this madness!

P.S. Just to let you know, the latest Mosque to be attacked (a small bomb) was here in Denton, my home. Sick, sick, sick. It hasn't made the Internet news yet, but I saw that on the TV this evening.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 09-13-2001).]