Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2001, 08:37 AM   #1
Nanu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am at level four in dragons eye....I am being overwhelmed by the "false" priests...have rested in the temple but can't seem to beat them even with the help of the captives...any suggestions....My party consists of a Fighter, Paladin, Thief, Druid priest, Mage, and dwarven fighter....help,please...
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 09:22 AM   #2
Enzo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just finished Dragon's Eye last night, here's what I did:

(I have a Paladin, Dwarf Fighter, Ranger, Thief, Cleric, and Mage, btw)

<>

Try to set it up so that you can channel them down to a smaller area to protect the guys in back.

I didn't need the help of the captives, though. If you go as far east and south as you can, there is another locked door that will start the attack if you open it. It is at the end of a hall, so you can open it, let the attack start, close it real fast (because otherwise trolls come through) kill the two priests at the door, and then turn around and catch the others coming down the hall.
Then all I did was put the Palidin and Dwarf up front, the Cleric right behind to cast healing spells, and used the ranger and thief with ranged weapons. Then I let the mage cast spells, especially on that librarian!

What level are your characters? I think mine were all in the 6-7 range when I went through there.

<>

You can also use some other spells, like prayer, etc, and make sure you have protection from evil going!!
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 11:40 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

All i did was summon fodder. Druids get animal summoning so do priests. They also have animate dead which is also a mage spell. Mages can also use the monster summoning spell. Keep one of your people summoning fodder while the others pick off the incoming baddies with ranged weapons.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 07:49 PM   #4
barbarossa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I split up my attacks I used ranged weapons to kill all of the priests. i also kept on the move and attacked the monsters once the priest numbers dwindled
barbarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 08:27 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Kill any nearby priests as soon as you uncover the hoax. Actually you can just attack them by surprise, wipe a few out before they know whats going on. Summon, shoot arrows, and blast everywhere with spells. Then RUN east and kill the summoners. They will summon trolls/lizardmen until you kill them.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 11:35 PM   #6
Storm_Chaser_30
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The easy and cheesy way...

Postion your party by the entrance to back up to level 3 once you have explored the area before anyone attacks you. Have your character with the highest hit points then talk to the priest. High tail it back to your party once the melee starts. You will have to take on multiple creatures at once but, if things get real bad, you can always jump up to level 3, rest and then come back and pick up the stragglers
Storm_Chaser_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 11:35 AM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Uhm, that about covers everything.
Good luck.
If you have real troubles and you want to spoil it,
go to(I think) mud/master.com
There is posting around here with the proper address
in it. But it gives you an editor so you can BEEF up
your party. I recommend doing it the hard way first though.

------------------
If you dont know where you are going, stop spin around three times and then your home.
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 04:25 PM   #8
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

as always, the best solution is in the mages and clerics. if possible, summon any of the possible monsters that you can, or undead even. this will cause them to consentrate on those monsters, thus useing up their spells. use your archers at that point, and hit them with magic missles, flame arrows, and the like. i did that, and cast strength on my fighter/thief. my cleric cast defensive harmony, and then i cast invisibility on my fighter/thief. then i sent him in, got a good backstab, and that took care of a priest. just try different tactics, dont just run in and try to hack em all down.

Just My Two Gold Pieces

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote