Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-20-2002, 07:50 AM   #31
Borvik
Drow Warrior

A movie that really impressed me was 'Saving private Ryan'
Another one that I really love is 'To kill a Mockinbird'

There are two movies, I keep watching over and over again: 'A few good men' and 'The 13th warrior'
Old 12-20-2002, 07:52 AM   #32
Grungi
Banned User

well you had the fjords one and the llamas is on every version i watched, dvd just has extra bits its worth watching just for the sorta pythonesque extras.

saving private ryan was a good film too but was beaten sideways by band of brothers i thought, though that was a series rather than a film, if i could nominate that i probably would [img]smile.gif[/img] awesome realism, attention to detail and more importantly most of it actually happened, love that series [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 07:58 AM   #33
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregster:
Actually, the sexual content of a movie about my life would probably be suitable for basic cable...in Saudi Arabia!
Rosebud? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 08:21 AM   #34
Grungi
Banned User

did anyone seriously actually enjoy citizen kane? everyone i know "appreciated it" and pointed out how it can be classed as the greatest movie, but film critics and friends alike neither actually enjoyed it, they wouldnt buy it, and wouldnt sit through it again given the choice, who here truly would buy this film and enjoys it? and why?

i actually watched 12 angry men once and was surprised to find i enjoyed it, not normally my kinda film at all, anyone watched that? 12 people sitting around in a room for an entire film would normally be exceptionally boring but this one pulls it off [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 08:28 AM   #35
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Is 12 angry men the one directed by Sidney Lumet (with Henry Fonda)? It's difficult for me, to identify the titles, because they translate every title over here. If so, then I have to admit that I like the movie very much. Great acting, great story!! And big tension without a single special effect.
Concerning Citizen Kane: I didn't even manage to watch the movie until the end. I couldn't get involved if you understand what I mean... Hard to explain

[ 12-20-2002, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Borvik ]