Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-14-2002, 12:18 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

You have no clue how LOOOONNNGGG it took to get this set up! [img]smile.gif[/img] This server is online and in MY HOME now! Thanks to the donations, we came back. When we went down, (JUST LIKE L-A-S-T CHRISTMAS!) I was livid.. So I called my ISP friend, and asked when we'd be back up, and he said something.. basicly, he didn't pay his bill, and they cut him. And he said 'I'm not worried about it'.

I said, "If you aren't up by Tuesday, I'm coming to get it." so I got a high speed cable installed here ANYWAY (knowing he won't do anything for weeks) and here we are! I spend like 12 hours straight working on him.. lol, and when I went to bed last night, I didn't know if the DNS was even right, but here it is, I wake up, and people are trickling in! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Post your ISP you're using. And tell me how fast loading and stuff is!!!

GLad to be back.. I said to myself, "We WILL be up during Christmas!"

[ 12-14-2002, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-14-2002, 12:23 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Posting from a local-area ISP, and it seems to be going fairly fast (especially considering that this is dialup...).
I`ll check what it`s like with the bigpong ADSL when I get home [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2002, 01:01 AM   #3
Heartless Butterscotch
The Magister

I'm on AOHell and everything's bananas. Nice work there, Z.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:35 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Awesomenet, and it was unusually slow at first but seems to pick up after I browse a bit.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:43 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Awesome! I worked my ASS off! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here is what I did:

Ordered Business class Cablemodem service (much faster)
Ordered 1 IP (which is 24.129.134.18)
Bought a Linksys Router (4 port)

BUT, I can't get it to work like the following:
1. Cat5 goes from cablemodem to router WAN, then port 1 goes to IW server and Port 2 goes to my home PC. Even if I USE the router, it won't work..

So I have the cat5 coming out of the cablemodem right to the IW server.

What I wanted to do was the above. Now, I'm not the best at setting up networks.. but geez. I thought this would work.. I figured all I would need was 1 IP and I could bluff the other server with a 198.0.0.1 or something.

SO... I ordered another IP, so I can get work done on my other PC, and so they can talk.. this ALSO means, I can have a NWN server running [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's getting pricy, but I've gotten help from many great folks that donated.. whew!! [img]smile.gif[/img] An extra IP costs $25 (I think a Month too) .. ugh. Anyway, right now, I don't care, it's covered for atleast 3 Months, so we're sweet for now!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

This is FUN! Since the IW server is here at home, I can watch stuff in real-time! Muhahahah! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-14-2002, 02:23 AM   #6
Blade
Emerald Dragon

well i'm just on the local campus net connection here but the server seems to be moving right along [img]smile.gif[/img] hehe might wan't to give more info huh i'm currently at the U of I campous down here in moscow Idaho the server has only been online for a few hours because i was surfing around earlier and it wasn't on yeat.

[ 12-14-2002, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: Blade ]
Old 12-14-2002, 02:44 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

How you did it was beyond me Ziroc but I'm soooo glad you did. a BIG thankyou and speed wise it is just the same if not better. Was anyone else out there having withdrawel symptoms?
Some of the pages on the forums i go to though come up "unable to find server" but if i try again they always work (just to let you Know).
once again thanks.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-14-2002, 02:47 AM   #8
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm using ADSL from my home PC and it seems faster then before.

Good job, Z.
Old 12-14-2002, 03:30 AM   #9
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Whoa..on my 56k connection ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) it's going suprisingly fast!

Great work Z [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2002, 03:42 AM   #10
dragon_lord
Elminster

Everything is working fine for me with my ISP (iPrimus). The last week just wasnt fun at all without ironworks . Great work Ziroc for getting it back up! And a big thanks to the people who donated money!!
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>