Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2003, 08:06 PM   #1
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

This has been happening to me for a while, and I am now starting to be annoyed by it. I have TOB, and the FixPacks etc. installed, but no mods. My problem is that when I am fighting a creature (doesnt matter what kind)and leave through a doorway or somesuch, im sure you have all noticed that they are able to now chase you. This is acceptable, but what isnt is that after I kill them, and re-enter the building I was in, they will still be there. This happens with such things as the Lich in the city gates, the inhabitants of the Temple Guarded Compound, or creatures in the graveyard. Sure, I can kill them twice for the XP and items, but it really is starting to get annoying. Any ideas on what could be happening or how to solve it? By the way, I have the same problem as someone whose name I forget (sorry!) in that many times when I try and engage in a conversation, it will tell me they are busy. Please do not tell me to try re-installs of anything, I have redone BG2 and TOB twice now. I have a windows XP. Thanx in advance and apologies for the wordiness
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Brainless One:
This has been happening to me for a while, and I am now starting to be annoyed by it. I have TOB, and the FixPacks etc. installed, but no mods. My problem is that when I am fighting a creature (doesnt matter what kind)and leave through a doorway or somesuch, im sure you have all noticed that they are able to now chase you. This is acceptable, but what isnt is that after I kill them, and re-enter the building I was in, they will still be there. This happens with such things as the Lich in the city gates, the inhabitants of the Temple Guarded Compound, or creatures in the graveyard. Sure, I can kill them twice for the XP and items, but it really is starting to get annoying. Any ideas on what could be happening or how to solve it? By the way, I have the same problem as someone whose name I forget (sorry!) in that many times when I try and engage in a conversation, it will tell me they are busy. Please do not tell me to try re-installs of anything, I have redone BG2 and TOB twice now. I have a windows XP. Thanx in advance and apologies for the wordiness
-Brainless One
Go to the sticky thread dealing with the mods on this forum, click on the link for the official ToB patch, and download that patch. It is a bug that was not addressed in the fixpatch because it was already addressed in the official patch.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 09:58 PM   #3
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Official Patch, huh? Sounds risky. I'll go in on this one alone. I'll call for back-up if it doesnt work. Thanx a bunch, though i did in advance already.
-Brainless One

Ps: WOWZA!! How did I manage never installing that? That fixed every bug Ive ever hated, even the one where my party was left behind entering TOB!! THANX TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!
-Brainless One

[ 12-27-2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Brainless One ]
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote