Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Ok, trying to get in with the Twin Lamps, uhs-hints site tells me either 21, or 31 slaves freed gets one of them to talk to me about it. My counter tells me I've freed 34, still nothing about Twin Lamps from any of my rescued slaves. How many do I actually need to free to get in with the Twin Lamps?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:36 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. After freeing at least 5 slaves, talk with some of the just freed slave. Talk about anything with him an you get the Twin Lamps topic.
2. After freeing at least 15 slaves, talk with any just freed slave about Twin Lamps. You get the "password" for Twin Lamps.
3. After freeing at least 30 slaves, talk with Jobasha about Twin Lamps. Jobasha shows out a sworn abolicionist and he gives you three stat raising books.

If you are a member of House Hlaalu and if (a) you have the "password" and (b) you are at least Kinsman then talk with Ilmeni Dren. You can do two Twin Lamps quests.
The first one (free Hides-His-Foots) can be done "on fly" even if you aren't Hlaalu. You do not get any reward but you do a good deed. The second one needs you to be Hlaalu (Ilmeni Dren must send you to the questgiver).
Old 06-27-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Freed over 40 slaves, none of them have ever mentioned twin lamps even once. Only dialogue option is "go free".

Add: supposing this is some kind of major, non-game killing bug, is there some kind of value I can alter through the console that will get them to talk to me about it?

Should I try the hides-his-eyes quest and see if that has any effect?

[ 06-27-2007, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

(1) Ask "go free" after freeing a slave. It's awkward and hard to guess but it's not a bug.
(2) There is a journal entry which describes your anti-slavery behaviour, you can "fix" it.
(3) No effect. No need to try it right now.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

tried #1, nothing, how do I "fix" #2?

Anywho, update, 61 slaves freed, no mention of twin lamps from anyone, really bugging me, not cuz I need to get twin lamps recognition, but cuz I want it.

Freed Rabinna got her to Argonian mission, found Reeh Jah in wilderness, brought him to the mission, helped hides-his-eyes conceal his identity, freed over 61 slaves, and still no twin lamps mention, What's the deal?

Anywho, how do I "fix" the journal entry?

[ 06-27-2007, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Old 06-28-2007, 03:18 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

That's weird, it should work. After talking with a freed slave you should get Twin Lamps.
The entry: I am writing from my work so that I haven't Morrowind at hand [img]smile.gif[/img] but it's one of the HH_ (House Hlaalu) entries. Open the game editor and read texts at HH_TwinLamps or something like that. Find the text at the entry value with the password, it is like "I thought sera knows that, when they ask (...} tell them 'they light the way to freedom'".
Now start the game and (a) update the journal entry value with the value you have found and (b) add "Twin Lamps" to your topics (player->AddTopic "Twin Lamps"). Go and try Jobasha (you have enough freed slaves). You will need reaction 75 at Jobasha for it.

It's me again [img]smile.gif[/img] Here is a possibility why the regular way does not work: The dialog logic in Morrowind is rather - eh - "simple" The problems can be caused by the high number of freed slaves. The logic can skip steps it should not skip (because of the number of freed slaves) and then it can find out that it has nothing to do for you. Therefore, try patching the number of freed slaves.

(1) Set the number of freed slaves to 10, free a slave, ask.
(2) If you get the "Twin Lamps" topic then set the number of freed slaves to 25, free a slave and ask "Twin Lamps".
(3) If you get the password then set the number of freed slaves to its original value and go to Jobasha.

If it will not work then you need to edit the journal and your topics.

[ 06-28-2007, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Radek ]
Old 06-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Curious, 1: how do I edit the slave count, is it through the console or do I have to play with my save file?

And 2: if I go the way of add topic could I perhaps just add it without editing any numbers and perhaps achieve the same desired result?

Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Cool, got it,
added topic, adjusted slave counter to just 30 "set freedslavescounter to #" talked to slave about Twin Lamps and boom password and journal entry acquired!!!

Thanks for the assist Radek.