Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
gaunty
The Magister

Is this a on-line game that i can get into and play around. or is this just
a place where games are made and submitted for the big time developers.

how do i get into the game. what are the fee's/ monthly bill.

i was heavy into the atari st dungeon master, but a up to date eye of the beholder sounds intresting.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:40 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I've never tried Dungeon Craft, but as far as I know, it's a game making engine, like Game Maker, Sphere, and RPG Maker. You use it to make your own game.

I doubt it has any online capacity.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:22 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

true and true, luvian.
dungeon craft is a game engine modeled on the old forgotten realm unlimited adventures which allowed you to make your own goldbox style dungeon and dragons games. at this point, dungeon craft is still in the beta stage, but pretty close to being complete.
it does not have any online capability, yet. it is on the game creators list of things to do, but that is way down the road somewhere.

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]

-manikus
Old 02-21-2003, 11:31 PM   #4
Steve McDonald
The Magister

There is no fee or monthly bill or anything. It's free. You can download the editor at http://uaf.sourceforge.net/ under "Downloads". At this stage there is only one game that I know of which is complete and able to be played. It is a science fiction game by Harri Polsa. I'm sure there are others well on the way and nearly ready to go. You can certainly get a feel for the type of game and what can be created by playing Harri's module, and especially by fiddling with options in the editor.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 11:29 AM   #5
gaunty
The Magister

thankyou for the game facts and answurs. I'm just old fasiond single mode game hack. i have another Q and A. I have five dungeons&dragons SSI-TSR game disc's. they are 486 ainchant. are they in any way compadable to this dungeon maker? can they be used with my pentium 4 windows xp? Or should I just pawn them off somewhere. Like sending them on a one way trip to france.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 10:38 PM   #6
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am not quite sure what you mean by "486" ainchant (I may be lacking some vocabulary here), but I do not think you are able to load final products into the dungeoncraft-system. It is possible to load designs created in "Unlimited Adventures", the predecessor of DungeonCraft.
Joerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #7
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Joerg:
I am not quite sure what you mean by "486" ainchant (I may be lacking some vocabulary here), but I do not think you are able to load final products into the dungeoncraft-system. It is possible to load designs created in "Unlimited Adventures", the predecessor of DungeonCraft.
486 = ancient. 486 computers are old computers, the ones before pentiums, so he's saying that this stuff is, uh, well old, basically.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #8
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ainchant = ancient... now I get it. OK, pretty strange vocabulary, but I get it.

Oh, you could also consider sending your old games on a one-way-trip to Germany, preferably my location. You will be perfectly rid of your useless old programms and I have a good excuse to get my old 486-computer out of the cellar... [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Joerg

[ 02-24-2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Joerg ]
Joerg is offline   Reply With Quote