Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #11
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: I hate forced updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplax View Post
I also hate the new way the address bar proposes addresses as you type. What I use under FF2 (just typing the first one or two letters of an address) no longer works, because I can no longer type g and go to giantitp.com because g occurs more frequently in mail.google.com (for which I use m currently). And I can't be bothered relearning what I need to type for all of the internet addresses I use. (we have FF3 at work, so I do know how it works)
You know, they invented bookmarks a long time ago already.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #12
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplax View Post
I also hate the new way the address bar proposes addresses as you type. What I use under FF2 (just typing the first one or two letters of an address) no longer works, because I can no longer type g and go to giantitp.com because g occurs more frequently in mail.google.com (for which I use m currently). And I can't be bothered relearning what I need to type for all of the internet addresses I use. (we have FF3 at work, so I do know how it works)
Does your version have the hot button "Most Visited"? That is a very nice option.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:04 AM   #13
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
You know, they invented bookmarks a long time ago already.
Ctrl + T, typing "m", down arrow, enter is a lot faster than grabbing the mouse, opening bookmarks folder, finding what I want and clicking on it (or even clicking on a bookmark in the bookmark bar).

Edit: I might be weird in remembering URLs though...

Last edited by dplax; 12-18-2008 at 08:13 AM.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #14
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Does your version have the hot button "Most Visited"? That is a very nice option.
I generally don't like those bars at the top of the screen and remove/don't show the most I can. Just for the sake of argument I checked that most visited folder here at work (where I have FF3). Of the ten links in there 7 are for Facebook. Looks as though it shows the ten most visited. Would probably be better if it showed the ten sites you start with the most, not including those you navigate to.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:13 AM   #15
dplax
Jack Burton

From: http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9123679

Quote:
Compounding the retirement of Firefox 2.0 is Mozilla's decision to drop antiphishing protection from yesterday's Firefox 2.0.0.19. Done at Google Inc.'s request -- the search company produces the blacklist of risky sites -- the withdrawal means that users won't be warned of potentially dangerous URLs before they reach them.

Google asked Mozilla to disable the feature in Firefox 2.0.0.19 because the older browser line uses an obsolete protocol.
It's all Google's fault!

Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #16
dplax
Jack Burton

LOL! After saying that 2.0.0.19 was the last...what do they do now?

Quote:
What's New in Firefox 2.0.0.20

Note: This is the last planned release of Firefox 2. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 3. Firefox 2.0.0.20 does not include Phishing Protection.

Release Date:
December 18, 2008
Security Update:
Firefox 2.0.0.20 includes an additional security fix over Firefox 2.0.0.19 for users of the Windows platform. The following security issue was fixed.