Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 09:27 PM   #1
shadowthief
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive been pondering this for a bit, not sure if it should be called cheating or not. When and of your playing and a mamber in your party dies, like die, die, perment as when the blow to bits. Do you ever just let the parts fly or do you reload? I reload but I dont now if I shold do it ... it sorta takes the fun outta it.....
Old 11-26-2001, 09:56 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, I reload every time any members die at all, except once, the first time I played ToSC--I figured whacking Aec'Letec was worth taking Imoen to a temple. I don't need to reload often, because I usually use my party intelligently, but sometimes I'll do it even after fights I win--but only if some bozo on my team loses a lot of health because he doesn't do what I told him.
"No, you idiot, I said go HERE!" *click* "No, AWAY from the Fireball! You flippin' moron.....No, DON'T STEP ON THAT TRAP!!!"
Old 11-26-2001, 10:05 PM   #3
shadowthief
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lol

Thats what usall happens to me: Just a while ago I was in the crypts in the graveyard district, and in the room with all those spikes on the ground. I took Jan and put him in the shadows then went on to the spike field (I know not smart to send a guy with less then 90 hp into a trap infested zone) so that he could lure all the other mosters out to my party. I found one shot it with an arrow then begain to run.. well I told him to run but he wouldnt do it so I kept clicking the spot and all his momvemnt triggred like 30 traps on the way back so soon I had Jan fire works all over the place...
Old 11-26-2001, 10:11 PM   #4
Debaser

I can't recall my specific party line-up or even my PC at the time, but I know that for one time I played through someone got smashed to irreversible death (the little chunks) when i was fighting Demogorgon. Role-playing wise, it seems unlikely that every single party member would always survive every single fight against all the odds that they face....kind of nice to put some realism in there sometimes (and incidentally makes room for another NPC).
Old 11-27-2001, 12:44 AM   #5
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I killed off Yoshimo one time, I think he was imprisoned, so I just left him there and picked up another NPC. That I could live with, but if one of the boyz in my multi game bites it, thats an automatic reload. Just kind stand saying goodbye to all that hard earned xp.
Old 11-27-2001, 01:52 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you are truly roleplaying, yes. If you're roleplaying evil, yes.

Old 11-27-2001, 03:29 AM   #7
Whailor

Well, if someone dies in my party, like the usual death where I can resurect them, then I do not reload. I just resurect them. Love 'em rods and have couple. Also party members do not blow in bits'n'pieces, only once, when I had some big fight ahead at lower level in one of the houses with slaver lords band (ye know, THAT house hehe). Anyway I took off Party AI but guess I double clicked, drat.. And so it goes that the Aerie, to whom the thief got too close and who then switched to the HtH weapon (Aerie), after the thief's death charged the kensai there. Duh! Stupid of Aerie. Brave, but stupid. Bam! And the floor was covered with Aerie shaped chunky bits, as Minsc would put it..

Then I reloaded, since it was an unplanned accident, which was not supposed to happen heheh. But otherwise no, I either resurect them with the rod, spell, or go to temple. If someone is Imprisoned, I seek a mean to free him/her (scroll mainly, mages cannot yet cast the spell Freedom). Luckily I needed that only once. If someone gets petrified, I "un-pertify" them with the scroll or the spell. If I want to get rid of someone in the party, I disband him/her.