Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2001, 11:55 PM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Agree with Bahamut about Jaheira. She can fight, heal, cast spells, and there's lots of dialogue with her. She's not one-dimensional.
Old 01-07-2001, 12:02 AM   #22
Archlich Azuth

Jhariea is as useful as a wet tussie send her in to battle a deamon she be killed, her healing spell are weaker then other she can't even achive maxine spell level like aries or amonomomn (whatever) and all she does is complain that her husband dies, who she couldn't of really loved because she virtuly just stight in to bed with our charater. in fact i with draw my last post no charater is better then the others for with out the party they all fodder.

Old 01-07-2001, 12:04 AM   #23
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Edwin maybe the best MAGE. but not the best character. Jaheira can take on him anytime. I can also say Viconia because of her outrageous AC leaps... but she ain't good in her THAC0, at least not better than Jaheira's... but she is a good candidate. I would say Aerie too, but the level cap really limits her abilities. But if they do, I would have to say, she is better than any mage in the game.
Old 01-07-2001, 12:09 AM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

What did I say before? Its not about power, Versatility. The flexibility of the character make her fit into any kind of party, plus, shes a neutral. VERY versatile
Old 01-07-2001, 12:16 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Archlich, you're probably not outfitting her right. With the right magic items most fighters can be buffed up. You can get Jaheira's AC down to -9 if you want to. And she can get the Spear of Impaling which gives you a bonus +10 damage. the edge jaheira has is that she can cast spells as well. u ever heard of the druid spell Insect Plague? and Iron Skins? And the most powerful healing spell, Heal, is level 6 which Jaheira can get up to.
Old 01-07-2001, 12:21 AM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Jaheira can have spells up to level 7. Never got her that low an AC though... And why when I put some stuff on Viconia, she gets down to an AC of -13?
Old 01-07-2001, 12:31 AM   #27
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

hm correct me if i'm wrong but druis cleric and rogue
are caracter you need for other actions
they can never kill a mage maybe they can kill a warrior
most of the time
they can't even hit a mage
and mages can kill them in a second
remember with the cap remover and edwin at level 18
he gets 4 time stops
and 6 abi-dalzims horrid wiltings
if you give him both amulet of power as well as robe of vacna
hm
let see
4 time stops
you can cast 2 ADHW's per timestop
lets see timestop
lowerrestence*3=lower magic resistance by 88%
timestop
2ADHW
timestop
2ADHW
timestop
2ADHW
=
6*18d8
that ■■■■■■■ good
your little cleric is never gonna survive that

and memnoch why arn't you on msn?
Old 01-07-2001, 12:33 AM   #28
Archlich Azuth

ok but what do you give the others i had her in Gorgan mail, with the shield of the fallen and balurs helm. and her spells like incest plauge were useless if not used on mages to prevent spell,because they do little damage and spell prptect stop them anyway. and for her to cast healing she couldn't fight. and iron skins was as use full cheese, it takes up space from healing spells at least with Areis you can use her celric spell to heal and her mage to attack.

Old 01-07-2001, 12:36 AM   #29
Holy Mage Wah

Greeting Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to present to you LIVE from The Royal Albert Hall here in London (England)...............the nominations for the best NPC awards!!!

(Loud cheers)

And the nominations are:

Aerie - "my wings have been clipped, if only you knew what it would be like to fly..."

Edwin - "Greetings, I am Edwin Odesseron, but you simians may merely refer to me as sir.."

Minsc - "Butt KICKING FOR GOOODNEEEESSS!!"

Jaheria - "Khal......khal...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

and finally, Yoshimo - "I can dance on the head of a bin as well......"

The winner is............Jaheria, for her tanking AC, chatters of wisdom and spell casting.

Runners up are as follows:

2nd place is Aerie for her cute looks, pitiful speeches and healing/spell abilities.
3rd place is Edwin for superior spell casting.
4th place goes to minsc for his humour

Thank you and goodnight.........(loud cheers!!)

Old 01-07-2001, 12:38 AM   #30
Archlich Azuth

rikard one protect from energy spell and your spell are useless. maybe you should think it thorgh next time i personly would cast time stop, morkis sword, balck dlade of dastier and tenser tranformation.