Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2000, 12:56 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I've finished IWD twice and I've been playing a solo game with a Fighter/Mage..I've been fooling with a few editors and I've been wondering about some Items..like where is the Restored Blade of Aihonen and how does one get it? Or The Glory of Suffering mail, skill books and potions that increase your stats or resistances? And what about the airship parts? What do they do? Have I missed an optional segment of the game or something? I'd appreciate the help, IWD is a great game and I'm still trying to find out all the secrets but I dont want to cheat with the editors by giving myself extra items.
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2000, 01:21 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Oh and another thing. When you talk to a few people..cant remember who, might be the Deep Gnomes..they Mention that a Fallen Paladin walks the halls of Lower Dorn's Deep..where is he?
Old 10-18-2000, 02:56 PM   #3
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Blade of Aihonen is a quest item, you need to solve the quest in the prologue with the blue-skinned woman (Sirene?) in the bottom left of the map...won't ruin it for ya, but you'll get the blade at the end of the game, when you return to Easthaven. And potions the permanently raise are in the game, but tomes don't seem to be. Most of the pots simply swap points around, but there are some who'll give you a free stat point.
For the other things, I'd expect many of them will be in the expansion.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2000, 10:33 PM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

what quest? i know about the sea elf but what quest does she give you? and i've finished the game twice but i havent seen the glory of suffering or the other stuff
Old 10-19-2000, 04:26 PM   #5
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

At the beginning, go to the top-middle of the town, and talk to the guy humming things. He'll tell you he's been hearing things in the night. Now go talk to the Sirine, and the quest will begin. If you do all you're required, and give the guy his ancestor's sword, you'll be able to get the Restored sword at the end of the game. When you return to Easthaven, go to the spot the sirine was, and the guy will give it to you. Hope that helps, though you'll need to go through the entire game to see it

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2000, 09:08 PM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

ahh i see..thanks wrath..i've got plenty of time on my hands anyway..I tried to buy a copy of BG2 but where i come from its 20 bucks more expensive than a regular game..crud..
Old 12-09-2000, 08:03 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Unfortunately, the whole Fallen Paladin/Voice of Durdel Anatha quest that can ultimately win you the Glory of Suffering was taken out of the game. I have no idea why--from what I was able to find this was a wonderful sub-quest. Does anyone out there know the answer to that question?
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote