Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-06-2000, 04:47 PM   #1
Larr2

The actual date is January 18th, for those who did not know...
Old 12-07-2000, 07:52 AM   #2
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

Check out http://www.interplay.com
I think you can buy it online from them now, otherwise it might be before or just soon after Christmas.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 01:00 PM   #3
Rouver

Where did you get the date, Jan 18? Could you give the address of the site, or did you hear it somewhere else?
Old 12-08-2000, 12:26 AM   #4
Rouver

from DL:
"I recall you making a comment that IWD:HOW may possibly be out by Christmas and if now by early January. Seems like I read that a couple weeks ago on this board but I haven't found the message.

Anyway, I've heard some nasty rumors of some software stores telling customer that release date of HOW is Feb or even later. Are they just making idle speculation or are they getting some sort of official indication from inside the industry or even BIS? If that is false disinformation, please set the record straight. I'm not expecting you will have a definitive answer necessarily, but at least dispel any false rumors please."

Galen replied:
"Most such dates arise from idle speculation. Especially where BIS is concerned. BIS and Bioware never set official release dates on any of their products resulting in stores speculating in order to make you happy. So I would say you should ignore it until such time as BIS says different."

matusz said:
"True.

We shouldn't be asking about the release date, but instead we should be asking about the progress."

JE Sawyer replied on 12/5/00:
"Progress is good, but audio and multiplayer testing are just getting underway"
Audio is being implemented now and multiplayer QA is underway. The game has been in QA for about two months now... I think."

If an actual date had been set & released, JE Sawyer would have simply stated it, since it would be public knowledge. He didn't, so I don't think you can totaly rely on the store's word.
Old 12-08-2000, 09:47 AM   #5
Larr2

My source was the Electronics Boutique, in the Hanes Mall, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, who say they will not receive their shipment in until that date. They told me that was the release date.