Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 05:12 AM   #11
SMIV
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hrm...so how many times have you all played with the same characters?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:21 AM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

It's not a problem really. Get the roster editor from Rick's site and lower a skill back to 1, preferably a skill you never use. It's as simple as that. [img]smile.gif[/img] If you do want to keep leveling up that is.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:45 AM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SMIV:
Hrm...so how many times have you all played with the same characters?
Twice at most, usually. By the end of the first game, they're usually way up there. I think Felix took his assassin to something ridiculous (500 levels?).

I played a solo zenmaster one game, and I didn't have a challenging battle until somewhere in the desert in the Lost Sea area. It would be nice if the monsters adjusted to your level, although perhaps not quite so much as in Wizardry 8...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:46 AM   #14
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Quite a few times and each time something different...I mostly use just one character, but each time they appear as maybe a Zenmaster, an Assassin, or even my favorite and proudest achievement a Boogre/Vampire Mage...

And I agree...monster difficulty adjustment should be in the game...

[ 02-05-2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: So So ]
Old 02-05-2004, 01:25 PM   #15
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Stackman uses the same party every time.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:38 AM   #16
Radek
Red Dragon

We must specify what are the same characters.
If the same characters are characters of the same race and starting role, then my character is always the same - an elf mage.
If the same characters are characters that have already played the game, then my character is never the same - veterans are sitting in the inn and holding the new hero's equipment.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:57 AM   #17
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Wow, I saw this post not long ago and had to re-think it, and now it's full blown.
From the top, the higher your skill level, and the combination of all increased abilities that would use that same skill. The greater overall you become in that skill. In a nutshell, the original Felix had a sword skill of 14, STR, DEX, AGI of 24, and two well enhanced weapons, could deal into 500 points of damage in a single Mele action.(Key, he always hit) Okay, there are only three critters that can take that kind of damage (other than the two that can only be struck with the Mavin), so he mainly ran around unarmed, and could still do 200+ points, Kung Fu skill was aslo 14. The more recent Felix only achieved sword of 8, and only does just over 200 points if he hits with both weapons, and these are enhanced like the others.(Key, does not always hit) His Kung Fu (9) is around 115 points with both a punch, and kick. Abilities maxxed at 24. Hope that clarifies.

Now to assist in the keeping a trait open. If you really plan to continue to run the same critter more than once, leave something at 1 like dagger, or bow. The original Felix had to crash out at level 128 Assassin (2nd time Assassin) 165 Assassin (1st time) with 44 levels of Zenmaster in the middle. Add another 120 levels for his basic through all class levels for over 400 total levels of W&W. As well documented above, the game will not continue after level up, until all points have been distributed. The editor might come in handy for that.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:04 AM   #18
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, there is that one most annoying aspect of this game...it will refuse to continue with the lvl up until all points have been distributed...

[ 02-09-2004, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: So So ]