Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
NerveAgent
Welcomed New User

Hi im having problems with a corrupt or missing file, whenever I press the load button before even getting into the game I get the message 'An Assertion failed in CHVIDimage3D.cpp line number 1957.' Its odd though because this is all before I even select which load game to run?!

Others who've had the same problem have had some sucsess weeding out the file with the Near Infinty program but I just can't find the file im looking for. I imagine it must be an image file, has anyone got any ideas about how to find and repair the file?? Any help would be great thanks.
NerveAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Besides a reinstall? A reinstall using someone else's discs should do it. I used to have the same problem, but I reinstalled using my friend's discs and so far my game has worked fine. Or maybe you could get someone to send you their version of the file, and you could move it into your override folder. I would offer mine but I am unsure if that is a file that is found by conventional means. Good luck,
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

A reinstall will indeed be the better idea. Just copy your "Saves" folder to a different part of your computer and reinstall the game. Then you copy the "Saves" folder back into the Baldur's Gate 2 directory and try if loading works this time. If you get the same mistake, then your save game is probably corrupt.
You should also try to start a new game, and immediately after the auto save kicks in (after Imoen rescues you from your cell) reload the autosave. That way you will know if it's your game (and/or cd's) or your savegames.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
NerveAgent
Welcomed New User

Thanks, I found the save games, moved them out re-installed and put them back in and its working fine this time.
NerveAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:03 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Glad to be of assistance [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote