View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 08:06 PM   #4
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I belive all the portraits used in BG2 have an N, for "New," in front of the filename, so you're likely to hit it with names like NAERIEL.BMP and the like.

JAHERIAS.BMP is the old, while NJAHERIS.BMP is the new, and so on. For the exact names, you can download the Portrait Manager (the link to it is in the Links appendix on my site), which will give you the precise names of every portrait used in the game (besides making it easier to shuffle your portrait files from 1 directory into another, etc).
Thanks for the tip about the names [img]smile.gif[/img]

I tried dl'ing the portrait manager, but it did not find the in game portrait files, only the custom portraits that I have collected. None of the BG2 directories seem to have the (NPC).bmp files in them (I found RoyoL.bmp in the override directory--part of a mod?)

What solved it for me was opening up SK, and looking at the portrait list available for changing portraits there, which has the full list (I've done a full install, so where are those files hiding anyway...oh well)

In any case, problem solved, since I now have the correct names.

Thanks, and great job on the BG guide too!
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote