View Single Post
Old 05-20-2001, 09:15 PM   #38
Snoekie
Dungeon Master

Aye, I have a Geforce 2 MX and got the game running FINNALY.
My problem wasnīt related to my Geforce after all...I was missing some .dll files and an .exe file (that I could simply dl from Microsoft)
Those files I apperantly needed to properly play the avi files (like the townscreens) so I could actually SEE and USE the buildings in there.

I havenīt had any error messages at all. Just the black screen. Which was bad enough in itīs own right
What could be a good idea is to run System File Checker. Itīs a util that comes with windows.
Open up System Information (find at here: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSINFO\MSINFO32.EXE" ) and under the pull-down menu "Tools" choose System File Checker.
Let it scan for altered files and keep you Windows CD-Rom handy for any files it might need to restore from that.

Thatīs how I got my game working. Check Ryanamurs post in this thread, itīs the lengthy one, and get even more information

Thatīs about all I can offer you for tech advice. Eventhough your problems are not like mine where, you might get result running System file checker. No harm in trying.
And another thing: I feel your pain, I was ready to quit too because I couldnt get the game running on my pc. Good luck with it, I hope you succeed!

Snoekie. (who need to go to sleep fast! Itīs 3.15 AM over here...neeeeed sleeeeep, yes yes yes, finished the crypt, yes yes yes, I messed up Scabban, yes yes yes....heheh)
Snoekie is offline   Reply With Quote