View Single Post
Old 05-20-2001, 05:36 PM   #36
coachschwartz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK here is my last chance for survival... hanging on with fingertips.
The problem: PLayed fine for 2 months, wrecked havoc on skeletons, wogurs etc. Got the signet ring, saved the toads, cleaned out the serpent temple, found samurai baton, and was just about to start on shurgeon ruins when I started getting various, miscellaneous errors. These errors pop up pink on bottom of screen at different times. May pop up in town, in shops, out in the woods, clicking on map, etc. Below are the list of the errors:

Bmp16__Load Error On savegfx/s_screen.bmp
Bmp16__Maskload Error on ICLBUYU.bmp
Bmp16__Load Error On portrait/Pchead18.bmp
Open error on D6MON8.DAT ( occurred often )
Unable to open journal file: journal.003
Unable to load animated texture efxgfx/particle/astor.ant
Unable to load Model models/item/bow-short.MDL

Upon receiving the errors, I thought the game was froze and unplugged the power. When I would reboot, after scandisc did its dance, the screen would come back mega huge and I would have to resize. I finally realized that hitting enter would take me back to desktop when the errors came.

Solutions tried:
adjusted settings to 640 etc.
turned hardware acceleration off
played with no other programs running
always played in options with software driver
uninstalled/reinstalled
emailed save game to rick and he played it fine for 20 minutes(even complimented my party)
uninstalled/ cleaned out registry totally wiped WW off computer.
reinstalled full and part.
started brand new game and yes got error right out of fence with the lone warrior.
And yes, installed the patch.
So here I am at last with options running out and a party just dying to get into Shurgeon ruins.
The thought of playing and saving every three steps has crossed my mind (too bad no quick save option)
If I do that I may be done before 2050.

Thanks for everyones help and CONDOLENCES!!!
Coach

[This message has been edited by coachschwartz (edited 05-20-2001).]
coachschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote