View Single Post
Old 05-20-2001, 05:49 AM   #34
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

For those players who have problems getting the program to run in Windows 98 and Windows Me, here is another possible solution:

A lot of times, the Video Compression Codecs are not set correctly.

The solution is to reset your Compression codecs in the Windows Setup. Open up Control Panel (Start ->Settings ->Control Panel), click on the "Add or Remove Programs" icon, and then click on the Windows Setup tab. Scroll down the list until you find "Multimedia", then click on it and then click the "Details" button. Make sure "Video Compression" is checked. Then click the OK button. You will need to restart your computer to have your settings updated.

Another workaround: if your swap file is too small, setting it to a larger size will help. Heuristic Park Inc. recommends a minimum swap files size of 300 MB.

To set this, right-click on "My Computer" and choose Properties from the shortcut menu. When the dialog box appears, click on the Properties Tab. Now click the "Virtual Memory" button. Click the radio button next to "Let me specify my own virtual memory settings." In the minimum box, type 300 (or a higher number, depending on your system). Click OK, then OK again. Let Windows restart your computer.

Hopefully this may work around some of the "stalling" and lockup problems occurring during the game.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote