View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

The overly large bold faced heading speaks volumes about the content.

Since you are new; FYI: I'm ruff, gruff, and mean, and don't sugar coat jack or shiite! It's crap like this that sets my intrenal flane on high!
~24 yrs, retired Army, MSG E-8. Still training the force!

Quote:
Several weeks ago, I got a letter from a fellow who had been corresponding with an US Army soldier stationed in Iraq. He and the soldier got into a conversation and my name came up. The soldier asked if the letters could be forwarded to me. They were sent. I read them and asked if I could post them. We worked it out and here they are. The soldier is typing this from one of those cyber cafes on base, during one of his breaks, so there's some typos and they're just one young person's views on what he's going through so please just take it for what it is. Thanks for reading. --Henry
Trust me, you will not find "real" stuff like this from soldiers.

Two keys: 1) Language. Scanning through the first sentence I found 0 words of foulness, the first is in the second sentence, and makes for an obivious assumption.

2)Lack of acronyms, I spotted the first one in the second paragraph in the second post, IED, which by now is no longer an acronym.

In conclussion, the first word in the second paragraph? See it? Insurgent? That is a "political term" that is NOT a word we use for them, unless it's the CENTCOMCMDR on the net updating CNN on their cluelessness!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote