View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #17
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Help me decide between LCD TVS - 32"/37"/40"? 720p/1080p?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
In 2002, Microsoft Games wanted to purchase the name Ironworks gaming from me. Their first offer was $1500. LOL, I said 'you're joking. contact me when you're serious." Then they did, and I talked them up to $45,000. They agreed, and sent a contract. I got my attorney to notarize the domain name handover and so on.

I bought escapegaming.com and escapeforums.com and changed all the logos to Escape Gaming. Then, at the last damn moment, they said they had a management shakeup, and said they decided against buying it at this time. They asked me what the trouble will cost me, I said $7000! I was pissed. So they cut the check, and bought the TV (we had a shitty 27 inch) a Sony laptop and got new carpet and tile for the house. Also upgraded some hardware in the Server and banked the rest.

I should scan in the contract--I made them send it all back. (on the paper, they even had a Microsoft watermark of their logo.. lol).

We had huge plans to pay off loads of bills, and maybe get a new car... sucked big time. But I am happy I kept the name. I love Ironworks Gaming much better than Escape Gaming.
And plus you got to get 7k from 'em that you didn't have before. I remember that whole debaucle, your post in general and all of us ready for the change in address etc. Can't believe it was that long ago though, where did the time get to?