Thread: Satanism
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 09:24 AM   #36
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Melle:
Cerek:
::First, Christians are admonished to have nothing whatsoever to do with witches, mediums, warlocks, diviners, or other persons who tap into supernatural forces to gain knowledge and/or power.

That, of course, requires belief in magic.
Not necessarily - it could also be taken to mean people who POSE as magicusers. The reason then why Christians would be told to stay away from them would have more to do with their beliefs than with their powers.

Cerek - just wanted to say my hat's off to you - Your reasonableness and calmth are admirable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with Azure that most of the "satanism" as practised these days has nothing to do with the devil-worshipping (to quote one of their own cliches: we don't believe in God so why would we believe in another Christian invention), baby-murdering, animal-sacrificing lunatics we often hear about. I do think it's a quite egocentrical and even egoistical cultus for the most part, but hey, that's their choice. I've read some of Anton Szandor LaVey's works (the founder of the official Church of Satan) but found most of it amateurish psychobabble of the worst kind. He had some cute ideas, but his justification of those ideas were laughable.