View Single Post
Old 01-27-2002, 02:30 PM   #1
Fishman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible spoiler!

Hi, just started playing BGII recently, and I have some questions. First, I completed chapter I, then I rescured Aerie from the circus. Good gal, I like her. Anyway, went to get quest and ran into the gal with her dad trapped by all the trolls. Went there, kicked some butt, but got my yang handed to me by some knight, a bunch of golems and a crew of umber hulks. So, I thought I had taken a quest out of order. went back to town adn picked up the quest that takes you to windspear hills and the dude's son you have to find. Well, needless to say I'm getting my yang handed to me by guardians, vampiric mists and all sorts of stuff. I have to rest after almost every battle.
My question is, did I miss something somewhere, or is this just suppose to be this hard, this early? Should I have just wandered and fought for awhile? I have the paladin who hates his dad in my group, my druid friend who lost her husband, teh clipped wing one, the thief/fighter samuria guy, and the thief/mage whose dad is trapped.
I love this game, but am getting seriously frustrated with getting my butt handed to me this often, this EARLY!! Am I doing something wrong or should I just bear through it?
BTW, I'm a Paladin with the Champion (I think) pack. The one where you get bonuses against demons and dragons. (I'm at work and don't have my book.) Somebody, EVERYBODY please offer some advice.
Many thanks,
Fishman
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote